"We are a caring, creative and accountable academic Hospital, transforming Healthcare for Our Patients, Our Community and the World"
The University Health Network (UHN), consisting of Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital and Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, is a recognized leader in patient care, research and education. Every day at UHN, our four centres care for patients, conduct leading-edge research and train the next generation of health professionals. At the same time, we look for ways to do even better what we already do well.
Toronto Western Hospital is located in the vibrant heart of the downtown communities of South Annex, College, Queen and King Street West. It is a 239-bed academic health science centre dedicated to delivering exceptional patient care, providing a breadth of services from emergency care to sophisticated brain surgery.
As a world leader in neuroscience, TWH is constantly pushing the boundaries of research, offering pioneering treatments and using state-of-the-art technology. The hospital also has a strong community focus, providing innovative programs for and information to children, seniors, diabetes patients and many multicultural groups. With expertise in musculoskeletal health and arthritis, the hospital's programs also include orthopaedics, rheumatology and the hand program as well as a busy Emergency Department that sees more than 50,000 patients yearly.
The Toronto Western Hospital is currently seeking a
Nurse Manager for the Combined Surgical Unit
As Nurse Manager, your sound judgment and strong leadership abilities will enable you to lead and develop a department focused on delivering quality patient care. In overseeing the day-to-day operations of the multidisciplinary Unit/Clinic, your accountabilities will include effective management of human, financial, and space resources, quality management, and resolution of patient care issues. Working in collaboration with the multidisciplinary Health Care Teams, you will support and advance the units, site and corporate strategic priorities. Your creativity and change management skills and experience will ensure success in the identification and operationalization of innovative changes to the care delivery model, enhancing seamless, integrated care and full scope of professional practice. You will develop and motivate a cohesive team and will identify and support educational strategies to enhance staff knowledge with respect to professional nursing practices and patient care.
The 26-bed Combined Surgical Unit focuses on the care of patients who have undergone minimally invasive surgery or any other surgical procedure requiring admission to the hospital. The unit serves patients from a variety of surgical services including general surgery (including bariatric), urology, hand (including the micro program), plastics, orthopaedics, ophthalmology, as well as gastro-intestinal.
- Client-focused and able to excel in a diverse, unionized work environment, you have at least 5 years´ progressive experience in a Nursing and Clinical capacity; Nursing experience on a Surgical Unit preferred. At least 3 to 5 years´ Management expertise. Your experience leading change management initiatives will be critical to your success.
- Licensed with the Ontario College of Nurses and you have a Masters Degree.
- You will have successfully demonstrated your initiative, judgment and leadership skills through previous projects, and will now apply those same skills in areas like improving patient care and flow.
- Your organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills will be a prominent part of your success in recognizing, analyzing and resolving problems before and as they arise.
- Your proven ability to work effectively and with composure under pressure/or stressful conditions and to meet multiple and competing deadlines will be critical in this position.
- Membership with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario, preferred
UNIVERSITY HEALTH NETWORK THANKS ALL APPLICANTS, HOWEVER, ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
IMPROVING THE PATIENT´S EXPERIENCE THROUGH PATIENT CENTRED CARE!
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.