POSITION: Kitchen Steward
HOTEL: Delta Toronto at Southcore Financial Centre
LOCATION: Downtown Toronto
REPORTS TO: Restaurant General Manager
About Delta Toronto:
Located in the heart of Toronto's new Southcore neighbourhood, Delta Toronto will connect people with the financial and entertainment districts through direct access to the PATH, Union Station and Metro Toronto Convention Centre. The hotel will also act as a stepping stone to neighbouring cultural and sporting events, attractions and a revitalized waterfront.
Delta Hotels and Resorts is in the midst of a major transformation to better serve Canadian and international travelers. Designed to exceed the evolving expectations of the modern traveler, Delta Toronto will serve as the flagship for Delta's growing portfolio of hotels and resorts across Canada. The Delta Toronto is scheduled to open late November 2014.
Most importantly, the successful candidate will demonstrate Delta's Values in all aspects of their job. These include:
- We are one team.
- We respect each other.
- We always act with integrity.
- We are passionate about what we do.
- We are active leaders in our local communities.
The primary responsibility of the Stewarding department is to ensure cleanliness and maintenance of all kitchen tools and supplies in order to ensure a smooth of service experience for our SOCO guests. Stewards will also ensure that they are using safe cleaning and handling techniques in order to wash and disinfect any dishware, glassware, and pots/pans to the hotel standards. They will work closely with their colleagues and will work exceptionally well in a team environment.
- Previous stewarding or kitchen experience an asset
- Operate and maintain cleaning equipment and tools, including the dish washing machine, hand wash stations pot-scrubbing station, and trash compactor.
- Empty and maintain trashcans and dumpster area. Clean and mop all areas in assigned departments. Dispose of glass in the proper containers.
- Ability to speak with others using clear and professional language
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment, possessing a high degree of professionalism.
- Results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well in a busy and demanding environment.
- Proven experience building positive and collaborative teams who are focused on providing exceptional guest experiences.
- Demonstrated success in contributing to the overall guest experience.
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada. Please note that the hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
This position requires a highly motivated, energetic, individual with excellent teamwork skills who can work and thrive alongside their colleagues. The Kitchen Steward must have strong ability to interact with a diverse group of executives, managers and subject matter experts. Key interpersonal skills required include listening, advocating, negotiating and communicating straightforward and complex information. The position requires professional level interpersonal skills to interact and communicate effectively with guests, and colleagues from different origins and cultures
About Delta Hotels and Resorts
A leading Canadian hotel management company, Delta Hotels and Resorts owns, operates and franchises a diversified portfolio with 46 full-service, city centre and airport hotels and resorts under the Delta brand. Widely regarded as Canada's "brand of choice" by guests and owners, Delta also distinguishes itself as an exemplary employer. It is the only hotel company to have been recognized for its sustained focus on business excellence by the prestigious National Quality Institute with three Canada Awards for Excellence, including the award program's highest honor, the Order of Excellence (2007). The company has also consistently ranked as one of the country's 50 Best Employers for 11 years, and has been named to the Green 30 since 2010. Its Corporate Social Responsibility platform, Delta Helps, includes a chain-wide commitment to the communities it serves through a national partnership with Habitat for Humanity Canada, participation in the Hotel Association of Canada's Green Key Eco-Rating program, and work with various other charitable groups.