||Manager Capital Accounting|
||Our Calgary-based public company client is an industry leader in North America and is seeking someone who can make a mark in business process improvement and strong team leadership.|
Their stock has quadrupled in value over the last two years.
||Reporting to the Assistant Corporate Controller, you have the proven leadership ability to coach and provide direction to a team of 7-9 staff, including managers, on the accounting and reporting of capital assets in US GAAP, and preparing and providing supplemental reports in compliance with US and Canadian GAAP regulatory requirements. Specific duties include:|
- Ensure accurate accounting and reporting of property assets that comprised $13 billion on the balance sheet.
- Accountable for correct accounting for > $1 billion in annual Capital Expenditures
- Direct regular depreciation studies to support annual depreciation expense of >$500 million
- Coordinate and review annual reporting of assets and related information for specific users i.e. Canadian & US Tax, Regulatory Costing, Entity Reporting
- Implement timely execution of accounting policies that are consistent with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Prepare and review specific schedules for regulatory reporting, both US and CDN
- Maintain contacts within the industry, staying abreast of trends and developments in the accounting for PP&E.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and ensuring that processes are optimized and working as designed.
- Directs the preparation and communication of the annual budget, monthly outlook and multi-year plan for depreciation expense.
- Acts as policy administrator to various capitalization policies including capitalized interest.
||- Several years of capital planning and/or capital assets accounting and reporting, in capital intensive businesses, i.e., in which facilities/infrastructure is built and maintained|
- Accounting designation preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP an asset
- Knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements
- SAP/ERP expertise
- Strong management and leadership skills including coaching, motivating, team building, implementing change, process improvement.