Summit Search Group fosters a collaborative culture that drives positive business results. The work ethic at Summit can be summed up in one word: tenacious. We sort, lift, and dig systematically throughout professional networks, industry connections and our customized database of qualified professionals with a single purpose: to find the best candidates for our clients. We constantly refine our recruiting processes to meet and exceed each and every one of our clients' and candidates expectations. With the use of extensive market research, analytics and deep knowledge combined with our network of nationwide recruiting experts. Summit Search Group has a competitive edge that sets us apart from our competitors.
As Canada's leader in professional and executive recruiting, we have earned the role of trusted partner to our clients. Through open dialogue, the use of technology and attention to detail, we create long-term partnerships with candidates and clients alike.
About Our Client: Our client is a leading real estate firm.
Reporting to the Director, Property Management, the Director, Technical Services will provide technical support, recommendations, consulting services and act as a resource for employee management for the property management group. This position will direct the Technical Services group in the delivery of technical, energy management and environmental services. This position is located in the heart of Toronto’s financial district.
The Director, Technical Services will ensure exceptional standards are consistent with a AAA office property and are achieved, maintained and improved upon relating various aspects of the building.
Other responsibilities include environmental and regulatory compliance, capital and operating expense budgeting as well as ensuring the comfort and safety of the building occupants and visitors. This position will also analyze, recommend and introduce sustainable building technologies which will result in continuous operational improvements and energy consumption reductions.
- Manage property repair and maintenance, operations, including but not limited to building mechanical, electrical and life safety systems.
- Meet with various consultants and suppliers on an ongoing basis to identify new services and products that may be of value to the complex.
- Oversee, motivate and develop Technical Services staff (including contract staff)
- Responsible for the negotiation of service contracts and ensuring proper specifications, tendering and awarding of contracts, in accordance with policies and procedures
- Review and approve tenant construction projects, including communications to internal groups
- Manage various operating and capital projects; working with various groups to bring forward best practices, building improvements, energy efficiency measures, and ideas for long term improvement
- Responsible for the development and completion of annual utility budgets and share in the preparation of the property budgets (both operating expenses and capital)
- Lead and oversee energy management; including utility contracts, detailed utility tracking, monthly analysis of meter readings, the building’s sub-metering program and meter recertification
- Supervise the preparation of quarterly energy usage reports, develop, design and implement energy savings projects for the complex.
- Provide detailed meter reading sheets for tenant utility charge backs, lead monthly energy team meetings, oversee energy management projects including CDM opportunities with district utilities.
- Implement and maintain various national and/or regional initiatives; including monthly compliance questions, annual property risk management and health and safety inspection
- Assist the Property Management group in the development and implementation of technical programs such as: after hours services feed and building automation strategies.
- Review and update as required site technical and operations manuals; including Fire Plan, Emergency Management Plan, Disaster Plan, Construction Rules and Regulations, Asbestos Management Plan, Energy Management Plan
- Manage the “Angus Anywhere” preventative maintenance system
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Ten (10) years of relevant and real estate experience
- Post-secondary education in related discipline; Certified Engineering Technologist or P.ENG, B.E.S. or Operating Engineer certification being preferred.
- Proven knowledge of building systems including HVAC (deep lake water cooling preferred), fire protection, building automation control, preventative maintenance programs, high pressure steam distribution systems as well as project management experience.
- Experience in the capital budgeting and tendering processes
- Proven track record in investigating and implementing energy efficiency measures
- An ability to read and understand blueprints, CAD drawings of building related systems, i.e. mechanical, electrical, architectural, etc.
- Experience with environmental and OH&S regulations pertaining to commercial buildings
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; preparation of detailed and professional written communication to tenants, consultants, staff as well as database management & creation, analysis,
- Abilities in preparing business cases for property projects
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Strategic thinking; passion about looking for ways to reduce environmental footprint
- Strong leadership and communication skills coupled with interpersonal skills to deal with customer complaints in a professional manner
- Proven experience as a people manager, able to motivate and develop a team
- Ability to make detailed and complex judgments based on a multitude of factors
- Strong negotiating skills
- Organized and able to manage projects and multitask effectively
- Ability to remain current on building technology development and can provide consulting services on building issues
- Experience reviewing existing organizational structures and implementation of organizational processes
To apply, please send a resume to:
Senior Director, Recruitment & Practice Development