Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services in 56 offices across Canada. At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work with clients, you’ll have the chance to customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. We’ll also give you the right tools to learn new skills and explore new opportunities ‑ whether in a different service area, industry, across the country, or even across the globe.
At Deloitte, we take care of our people. We understand they are our greatest asset and so we’ll do whatever it takes to help them grow, learn and feel part of a diverse and inclusive environment.
Please review the opportunity below and if it sounds like something you’d be interested in, be sure to apply and you too could be part of the Deloitte team.
A career at Deloitte will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective field
- Have challenging and interesting work in a team environment
- Continue your development throughout your career to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
Position Overview : This position will provide administrative support services to various Partners and professionals within our practice. The ideal candidate must be well organized, proactive, outgoing and should be able to work independently and be able to multi–task in a fast–paced environment which requires a team–player approach. You will be an important team member of this dynamic organization, and specific tasks may change to meet the support requirements of the practice. However, the initial scope of this position includes providing local audit administrative support to a diverse team of individuals.
As administrative assistant, you will :
- Provide administrative support to Partners/Senior Managers and Senior Staff
- Handle work–related matters on behalf of – and alongside – the Partner, some of which are highly confidential in nature
- Regularly schedule touch point meetings with partners to maintain understanding of current priorities
- Independently respond/follow up with internal and external calls
- Track and maintain accurate, detailed records of documents and client deliverables
- Independently draft client timesheets and invoices on a monthly basis.
- Run CMS reports and be involved in the client billing process
- Represent the Partner in a professional and confident manner – in both written and verbal communications – both internally and externally
- Manage the Partner's schedule with respect to client events and business–related activities, with minimal input and direction
- Oversee the Partner’s emails as agreed upon with the partner
- Manage and own all administrative tasks
- Organize and coordinate internal and external meetings (including live meetings, video conferences, and national meetings that are chaired by the Partner)
- Attend meetings/calls, take minutes as necessary and independently follow up on action items
- Prepare, format and proofread reports, business correspondence, and presentations
- Prepare expense reports
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Coordinate ad hoc projects
- Prepare reports for weekly resource/forecasting meetings using GSS (Global Staffing System)
- Project management (opening/closing mandates, running CMS reports)
- Provide back–up support for other Administrative Assistants locally (including reception)
- 3+ years’ experience working as an Administrative Assistant
- A demonstrated ability to analyze issues and problem solve
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook including the ability to proofread and edit
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong decision–making ability
- Confident and a good listener
- Superior interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Drive and motivation to exceed clients’ expectations
- Calm and positive under pressure
- Flexible and positive, demonstrating a "can do" approach
- Independent and self ‑sufficient
- Overtime and flexible scheduling will be required
#LI:ADClick here to apply
Deloitte, one of Canada's leading professional services firms, provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services. Deloitte LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is the Canadian member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see http://www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
© Deloitte LLP and affiliated entities.