Summit Search Group fosters a collaborative culture that drives positive business results. The work ethic at Summit can be summed up in one word: tenacious. We sort, lift, and dig systematically throughout professional networks, industry connections and our customized database of qualified professionals with a single purpose: to find the best candidates for our clients. We constantly refine our recruiting processes to meet and exceed each and every one of our clients' and candidates expectations. With the use of extensive market research, analytics and deep knowledge combined with our network of nationwide recruiting experts. Summit Search Group has a competitive edge that sets us apart from our competitors.
As Canada's leader in professional and executive recruiting, we have earned the role of trusted partner to our clients. Through open dialogue, the use of technology and attention to detail, we create long-term partnerships with candidates and clients alike.
About Our Client:
Our client, a private company located in downtown Toronto, provides information technology support, data storage and infrastructure, marketing services, and compliance risk management to a multi-jurisdictional law firm with a global presence.
This position is responsible for developing written content for marketing & business development initiatives. Some of the key projects include: Web content, Press Releases, Social Media (Twitter, LinkedIn Company Page), directory and awards submissions and marketing collateral. This is a global position and responsible for building strong media relationships with international media relevant to the offshore legal profession.
- Interview, research and write content in collaboration with lawyers and professionals such as legal updates, newsletters, brochures and web content.
- Review, edit and proofread content for clarity, consistency and grammatical accuracy
- Write and maintain global content including firm profile and background, group profiles and other strategic focus areas
- Manage the approval process of content and regular reviews of website content for accuracy.
- Work with the Global Marketing senior team to develop and execute communication plans to elevate specific practice areas and/ jurisdictions
- Develop, monitor and evolve communications plan to respond to opportunities, changing conditions
- Maintain style guide and other applicable reference tools for consistent firm messaging
- Manage external vendors/writers required for capacity management
- Help ensure website content is up to date with latest PR info including article links and press releases
- Develop and maintain editorial calendar
- Write and coordinate new releases, individual lawyer and firm announcements.
- Monitor and analyze media coverage
- Conduct research and provide recommendation of various editorial requests as required
- Develop and manage media resources and materials including: key messages, Q&A documents, editorial calendars and media lists.
- Oversight and management of directory and award submission process to ensure deadlines are met, and quality and consistency of submissions.
- Growing and engaging online audiences via Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+ and blogs – helping develop and implement the company’s social media strategy and oversee all aspects of social content, including writing and editing of social content, development of social media campaigns, community management and engagement.
- Measure effectiveness – regularly analyzing and reporting on all communication initiatives overseen by the position.
- While this position does not have any direct reports at this time, it is responsible for managing contract and vendor relationships that support this mandate. E.g., PR/Media agency, writers. This would include selection of appropriate vendors/writers where these relationships are not currently in place.
Required Skills, Education and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field and minimum 5 years relevant experience in a professional service firm(s) or equivalent
- Proven track record of developing and managing relationships with external agencies.
- Strong analytical and evaluative skills to assess client communication requirements and objectives for initiative.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with particular emphasis on quality control and attention to detail
- Possess solid business acumen with proven track record for developing solutions and achieving results
- Candidate must be able to work well with a variety of levels within an organization and possess diplomacy, enthusiasm, perseverance and a sense of humour
- Ability to produce high-quality work on tight deadlines; comfortable managing multiple projects, priorities and deadlines
- Candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, organizational ability, prioritization, and dealing with ambiguity
- Strong skills in MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of HTML
To apply, please send a resume to Lisa Armstrong at Armstrong@summitsearchgroup.com