Summit Search Group fosters a collaborative culture that drives positive business results. The work ethic at Summit can be summed up in one word: tenacious. We sort, lift, and dig systematically throughout professional networks, industry connections and our customized database of qualified professionals with a single purpose: to find the best candidates for our clients. We constantly refine our recruiting processes to meet and exceed each and every one of our clients' and candidates expectations. With the use of extensive market research, analytics and deep knowledge combined with our network of nationwide recruiting experts. Summit Search Group has a competitive edge that sets us apart from our competitors.
As Canada's leader in professional and executive recruiting, we have earned the role of trusted partner to our clients. Through open dialogue, the use of technology and attention to detail, we create long-term partnerships with candidates and clients alike.
About Our Client:
Our client is a leading global law firm.
The CRM Manager oversees the use of the firm's client relationship management (CRM) database for marketing and business development purposes, with a focus on providing data and intelligence on the firm's clients, prospects, personnel, alumni, matters, and more. While the role has initial responsibility for CRM within the Canada region.
This position reports to the Global Director of Digital Marketing and is part of the global digital marketing team that uses online tools to drive client engagement, business development and lead generation using digital platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a data-driven mindset and a passion for innovation that has demonstrated strategic leadership and functional expertise in digital marketing. This person has an established track record of increasing levels of digital leadership and fluency at a law firm, professional services firm, or in another B2B marketing environment.
- Manages the firm's CRM database and CRM strategy within the Canada region, establishing best practice and providing leadership to the firm's end-users and leadership around CRM topics
- Establishes and maintains CRM platform structure and architecture, in consultation with global and regional stakeholders, ensuring it works seamlessly across the organization and captures all required information at key points in the contact, prospect and client life cycles
- Drives end-user adoption of the CRM system, especially among fee earners and marketing staff, to create a robust and deep culture of CRM usage across the region
- Monitors the data quality within the CRM database, and manages external data quality vendors to maintain and continually improve data quality at all times
- Works with new fee earners and employees to properly integrate their contacts and data into the firm CRM database; and establishes and implements criteria for archiving and removing outdated contacts that no longer serve any purpose remaining within the CRM database
- Collaborates with the IT Department on upgrades, integration points, and training for the software
- Maintains matter and experience data within the CRM, and works with the business development team and Finance, Risk Management, Knowledge Management and IT Departments to maintain data quality within the Matters module
- Builds custom reports for use across the business as required by various job functions
- Provides help-desk support for all system users, escalating to the IT Department if needed
- Ensures proper access rights to data and folders at all times, and ensures data cannot be downloaded en masse from the CRM database by unauthorized users
- Serves as project manager for new CRM projects and initiatives, including but not limited to the incorporation of matter information from the financial system for matter and experience tracking; roll-out of scoring systems that measure contact engagement
- Works with IT and training staff to develop proper training of all fee earners and staff on the CRM database, including new employee onboarding as well as regular training refresher courses. Works with training staff to ensure proper documentation of training programs
- Makes suggestions to improve the usability, data quality, and relevance of the firm's CRM database
- Thoroughly documents the structure, processes, and best practices for use of the CRM to ensure proper knowledge transfer
- Reviews new technologies and keeps the firm at the forefront of developments in CRM and digital marketing
- Manages junior members of the global digital marketing team
- Works collaboratively with other members of the global digital marketing team, as well as others in the wider marketing and business development team, to achieve these objectives
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong understanding of current digital marketing concepts, strategies and best practices combined with hands-on ability to process campaigns and content depending on business needs
- Familiarity with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), EU Data Protection Directive, and other data privacy laws and regulations around the globe
- Familiarity with Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), the US CAN-SPAM Act, and similar laws around the world
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships, and take direction and criticism in a positive manner
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly and to ensure they are clearly communicated to an audience
- Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented
- Ability to consistently meet the needs of clients
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, persuasion, conflict resolution, and relationship management skills
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct
- Bilingual (English/French) is considered an asset
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary diploma in Marketing, Digital Marketing or Information Technology (IT)
- Minimum of three years of previous experience in a similar digital or CRM marketing role; professional services environment preferred
- Minimum of three years of previous experience with LexisNexis Interaction required; previous experience serving as corporate administrator for Interaction preferred
- Prior experience with Tikit eMarketing suite preferred
To apply, please send a resume to Allison Dwyer at Dwyer@summitsearchgroup.com.