Summit Search Group fosters a collaborative culture that drives positive business results. The work ethic at Summit can be summed up in one word: tenacious. We sort, lift, and dig systematically throughout professional networks, industry connections and our customized database of qualified professionals with a single purpose: to find the best candidates for our clients. We constantly refine our recruiting processes to meet and exceed each and every one of our clients' and candidates expectations. With the use of extensive market research, analytics and deep knowledge combined with our network of nationwide recruiting experts. Summit Search Group has a competitive edge that sets us apart from our competitors.
As Canada's leader in professional and executive recruiting, we have earned the role of trusted partner to our clients. Through open dialogue, the use of technology and attention to detail, we create long-term partnerships with candidates and clients alike.
About Our Client:
Our client is a global manufacturing organization.
Reporting directly to the VP of Finance, the Director, Finance Canada, is responsible for full oversight of the financial operations, being responsible for decisions and deliverables at a senior level, as well as being a key member of the management team. In this role, you will be responsible for complete financial management of all Canada locations including; consolidations, budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, audits, working papers and special projects as assigned.
This position is also responsible for providing financial leadership to several manufacturing plants and their management teams.
- Structure and preparation of monthly financial statements and production statistical reporting.
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliation, monthly journal entries, analysis and maintenance of general ledger on all systems as required (Logic, SAP, and other as necessary).
- Capital management for all the facilities, forecasting 3 times per month, accounting and the proper recording, identification and security of all Fixed Assets.
- Ensure all Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements are fulfilled.
- Responsible for Canada’s annual budget and weekly outlooks.
- Manages performance of staff, review and communicate objectives and strategies to ensure consistency and high levels of productivity.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to and there are appropriate controls in place to meeting all financial reporting requirements and business management needs.
- Ensure VP, Finance is kept up-to-date on all significant issues on a timely basis.
- Provide leadership in the development of the business plan for the Canadian Finance group. Ensure the plans include/incorporate appropriate stretch while also providing reasonable standards for purposes of securing new profitable business.
- Support manufacturing leadership team in complex analysis of cross-facility opportunities and other strategic analyses.
- Structure and preparation of all Finance Canada budgets and the annual budget process, including weekly outlooks for all areas including; Manufacturing, Customer Service, General Overhead, Schedules and Budget commentary.
- Ensure all reporting deadlines are met for both Canada and US corporate offices.
- Manage the restructuring process.
- Proper recording, identification and security of all Fixed Assets.
- Completion of Internal and External Audit processes, Statistics Canada Questionnaires, any other external financial reports as necessary.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Requires knowledge of all corporate accounting procedures and applicable manufacturing procedures
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Must have an accounting designation, CGA, CMA
- Minimum 5 years management experience
- Must have experience with Standard Costing
- Must have manufacturing or operations experience
To apply, please send a resume to Allison Dwyer at Dwyer@summitsearchgroup.com