Sunwing Travel Group is one of Canada's largest vertically integrated travel companies. Celebrating almost 40 years as a successful tour operation and six years as a thriving airline, the company continues to grow in leaps and bounds. A strategic venture with travel giants TUI Travel PLC saw the amalgamation of national tour operation and luxury brand Signature Vacations and travel retailer SelloffVacations.com under the Sunwing Travel Group umbrella. The acquisition of Caribbean Nexus Travel, Luxe Destination Weddings, as well as, the introduction of a brand new hotel chain, Blue Diamond Resorts expands the portfolio of products the Sunwing Travel Group has to offer a savvy traveller. It is no wonder that the Sunwing Travel Group has been listed for the 6th consecutive year as one of Canada's Fastest Growing Companies by PROFIT Magazine.
LOCATION: 31 Fasken Drive, Toronto, ON
SALARY: $45,000.00 (Level 1)
STATUS: Fulltime and Permanent
BENEFITS: Include dental, medical, vision and disability
REPORTING TO: Manager, Operations Control
A dispatcher, qualified as per CAR section 705.110, is assigned the responsibility of exercising safe and efficient operational control over Sunwing Airlines flights in conjunction with the pilot-in-command.
- Authorizing the release of an aircraft to operate in accordance with the terms and conditions established by the OFP
- Analyzing operational conditions and identifying any opportunities that may benefit or restrict operational capabilities, inclusive of, but not limited to, weather conditions, ATC and aircraft performance
- Exercising Operational Control on a co-authority basis with the PIC and for the joint responsibility of the safe and efficient planning and monitoring of a flight
- Performing operational flight watch and determining when changes to the OFP are required or when meteorological conditions may affect the safety of flights within a prescribed area or on assigned routes, and for communicating those changes to the operating Flight Crew as required
- Analyzing operational and meteorological conditions to evaluate and determine the most efficient and safe minimum fuel requirement
- Providing the PIC with a thorough and professional Flight Crew briefing, covering all significant information which may impact the operation of his flight
- Obtaining, interpreting, and maintaining current flight and field condition reports to provide Flight Crews with the latest operational information
- Monitoring meteorological conditions, current and forecast along the routes and at the airports (including alternates) where flight operations are scheduled
- Keeping abreast of changing conditions and notifying Flight Crews via the most expeditious means of any conditions that may affect the safety of the flight
- Must have passed both of the Transport Canada generic examinations, Meteorology and Operations
- Must hold a Restricted Radio Telephone Operators Certificate
- Must be able to work shift work
- No minimum education required
- Work experience in an Airline Operations Center is an asset
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter to the Human Resources department by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in Sunwing Travel Group, no phone calls please.
At Sunwing we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.