School of Transportation
Competition # 66-15-TB
In 1931, Provincial Institute of Technology and Art established the first Aircraft Mechanic program in Canada. Today, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) Polytechnic offers three full-time programs in the School of Transportation at the Art Smith Aero Centre: Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Technology, Avionics Technology and Aircraft Structures Technician.
The School of Transportation is seeking one full-time Aircraft instructor who will instruct a variety of subjects concentrating in the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Technology program including, but not limited to: Aircraft Regulations, Reciprocating Engines, Aerodynamics, Large Aircraft Systems, Aircraft Structures, Turbine Engines, and Aircraft Inspection.
- Preparing, instructing and evaluating all courses, including:
- Developing learning outcomes, lesson plans and instructional aids and learning objects
- Developing tests, quizzes and exams
- Providing students with written feedback and remedial activities
- Taking students’ attendance (according to Transport Canada regulations)
- Participating in complementary activities, such as:
- Curriculum development
- Program promotional functions
- Attending program advisory meetings
- Visiting employers
- Engaging in professional development activities
- Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (AME) M License is mandatory
- Minimum of 5 years of AME experience
- SAIT’s Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Technology diploma would be an asset
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
Successful candidates must provide proof of qualifications. Only education obtained from an accredited institution will be recognized.
OPEN TO: SAIT Employees and the Public
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience
COMPETITION NUMBER: 66-15-TB
CLOSING DATE: September 18, 2014
WHY WORK AT SAIT
You will be part of a premier polytechnic with an international reputation. SAIT Polytechnic offers a variety of benefits and services for staff including personal and professional development programs, access to our Wellness Centre, transportation discounts and more. To learn more, please visit Why Work at SAIT
Our Training and Support Plan:
You likely have no formal experience as an instructor, and that’s fine. We have a department devoted to training new instructors and they will help you feel comfortable through:
- A two-week intensive training program in your first year
- Opportunities for teaching workshops throughout the year
- In-class evaluators to give you constructive feedback
- Mentorship programs to pair you with an experienced fellow instructor
Vacation for Instructors:
Looking for a work-life balance? Instructors at SAIT earn 43 days of paid vacation per year (approximately 8 weeks per year)! In addition, employees at SAIT also receive 3 extra paid days off at Christmas in addition to statutory holidays.
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply, please visit the SAIT careers site at http://www.sait.ca/careers. SAIT is committed to Employment Equity and invites applications from all qualified individuals.
NOTE: The preferred method of application is on-line. Notification of receipt will only be made to on-line applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly. By applying your resume may be considered for other opportunities at SAIT that suit your experience.
SAIT’s vision is sharply focused - to be recognized as Canada’s premier polytechnic, one of the world’s finest, setting the standard in education, training and innovation.
Freedom of information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP)
The personal information recorded on the application form is being collected under the authority of Section 33c of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. The information will be used for the purpose(s) of employee recruitment and administration and is protected by the privacy provisions of the Freedom of Information and protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. If you require additional information concerning the collection and use of this personal information, please contact the SAIT FOIP Coordinator in Employee Services at 403-284-8633.