Ernst & Young's people in more than 140 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, Ernst & Young continually strives to be a great place to work.
The People Consultant acts as the first point of contact for employees and leaders in select national practices or select practices in a geographic area. The incumbent may be solely assigned to practices/areas with greater complexity and/or size; may handle all practices in a specific location dependent on client numbers; possesses deep understanding of the business directions/needs of the practices/area; knows the people and people issues; helps to ensure successful implementation of key, high-touch people processes and initiatives are in line with the business strategies.
1. Serves as first point of contact for employees and senior leaders in select practices/areas.
2. Coordinates and communicates extensively with Service Line People Leaders to achieve the best possible results for employees in the practice(s).
3. In coordination with People Team Leaders and Leaders helps to execute compensation processes (merit increases and compensation adjustments; and recognition awards) as well as supports people development processes (performance management, career development, integration processes and programs, PPD promotions, exit interviews and terminations).
4. Serves as the key point of contact for business leaders/partners for the practice or in the geographic area, particularly for national practice leaders.
5. Serves as the first point of contact on employee relations issues; manages/handles issues as appropriate (communicating with People Team Leaders); escalates issues, as needed, to service line People Team Leaders.
6. Coordinates with Recruitment and Lifelong Relationships to facilitate lifelong relationships, if appropriate, when employees leave the firm.
7. Coordinates with Development Consultants on program implementation (such as GPS and PeoplePoint).
8. Coordinates with People Services staff to ensure proper handling of administrative issues and needs.