Are you actively looking? Just getting a feel for what's out there? Either way, turning to Lock Search Group is better than hoping good fortune drops the perfect opportunity in your lap. We've been matching companies with candidates from coast to coast for quite some time now.
Formed in 1983, Lock Search Group is a privately owned company providing exceptional recruiting services to exceptional clients. Our team is built of well-connected senior recruiters who specialize in their field. They know your market and your specific needs.
Assistant Manager, Procurement
Our client, a North American leader in customs brokerage & compliance has requested that Heather Patterson of Lock Search Group assist them in finding an Assistant Manager, Procurement to add to their team.
The Assistant Manager, Procurement is responsible for assisting with the administration, development, and maintenance of procurement strategies, plans, policies, and procedures. This involves (but is not limited to) the preparation and execution of various projects from the initiation phase through to implementation, managing RFP initiatives, contract negotiations, vendor management, as well as developing and coaching staff.
- Provide leadership to work team by effectively managing and supporting procurement practices and policies
- Lead and manage one direct report, including staff development (coaching, training, mentoring), organizing and delegating work
- Develop and maintain procurement strategies, plans, policies, and procedures
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and ensure procurement practices are carried out effectively and efficiently
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with relevant partners and stakeholders
- Assist the team in developing effective negotiation strategies and carry out effective communication with vendors
- Manage the selection and performance of preferred vendors
- Consistently grow the procurement skill set by creating developmental action plans and successfully training and coaching team members to fulfill strategic goals
- Ensure effective delegation and internal controls are established for all procurement, contracting, and supplier management processes
- Advise on policies and procedures, mitigate risk/ potential for project challenges, and ensure compliance to corporate standards
- Work with internal stakeholders on needs identification and project planning
- Administer NDA process and liaise with Legal on procurement contracts and other related documents
- Manage and oversee the RFP process and necessary correspondence as it relates to issuing or awarding RFP's
- Proactively identify gaps or areas of concern which may hinder the effectiveness or benefits of a project
- Prepare business cases, project evaluations and assist with the development of recommendations to the senior management team
- Perform other related duties as assigned by manager. Adhere to established policies and procedures
- 5 years of professional experience in procurement, including 1-2 years of staff management in the procurement function
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or a related field
- Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC), Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P.) accreditation in good standing is an asset
- Proficiency in Outlook and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong knowledge and command of procurement including RFP processes and strategic sourcing strategies
- Well developed negotiation and mediation skills pertaining to issue resolution and contract management
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, including the ability to effectively handle concurrent projects with competing timelines and prioritize activities
- Proficiency in defining project scope, objectives and deliverables
- Strong communication, writing, and analytical skills are a must
- Advanced strategic thinking and analytical capabilities
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Experience managing complex sourcing initiatives
- Ability to proactively identify potential project issues and risks
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of staff in the organization and external stakeholders
- Ability to critically assess legal contracts, prepare professional quality reports, analytical documents and business cases
- Flexible self-starter with proactive and hands-on work style
Base Salary: $70,000 annually
If you match the above profile, please apply online today!
*please note, only qualified candidates will be contacted.*
Click Here to Apply