Senior Director, Finance 150k
We are currently looking for a Senior Director, Finance for our client located in the downtown core. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills, and be a proven leader who can motivate and manage a support team to achieve success.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this position is responsible for providing financial reporting oversight, both internal & external, and financial reporting support to all departments/operating units. The role will oversee the Financial Planning & Analysis unit, Corporate Accounting unit, Property Accounting unit, and Expenditures & Financial Controls unit. The role will ensure overall monitoring of actual financial results relative to budget, oversee the formulation of budgets, and oversee the preparation of all required financial reporting to the Board of Directors (and its Committees), shareholder, and any other external stakeholders that require financial information.
- Directs the preparation of the quarterly and year end financial statement through the Corporate Accounting unit, to meet the requirements of stakeholders, the board and management;
- Directs the overall monthly financial reporting process;
- Ensures the effective provision of advice, guidance, assistance and analytical service to operating units and other corporate Divisions in order to build a customer-focused service delivery team and environment;
- Makes recommendations and provides operational input and advice to Chief Financial Officer and other members of the senior management team
- Prepares all Board Level and Committee financial reporting and analysis.
Financial Planning & Analysis:
- Directs and conducts budget and operations research and analysis in order to support and facilitate the sound and effective budget management and reporting process;
- Prepares high level corporate operating budget based on city agreements, benchmarks and corporate performance targets;
- Manage the budget process by providing guidance and support to divisional management;
- Prepare regular reports and analysis on budget variances and other key operational data and performance indicators and develop new or enhances reporting systems in order to provide accurate and timely information to division management and operating units;
- Responsible to provide analytical support to senior management and all operating units on matters relating to management of the budgets and other financial performance issues;
- Responsible for the preparation of annual reporting to funder
- Coordinates the reconciliation of subsidies with the funder, and providing them with information that they require;
- Develop short and long range financial plan to support the corporate Community Management Plan (Business Plan);
- Ensures the development and implementation of accounting policy and procedures in accordance with legal requirements and generally accepted accounting principles;
- Develops cash flow model and monitors cash flow to ensure the validity of forecast and to optimize excess cash flow for investment;
- Oversee staff to monitor financial risks to real estate development and all other material sources of financial risk to the Corporation;
- Direct and oversee establishing property level accounting policies and procedures;
- Work with the Asset Management unit to collaborate and work productively to achieve sound budgeting processes, monitoring of actual to budget results and identify key financial risks on an ongoing basis;
- Expenditures and Financial Controls;
- Oversee the accounts payable function
- Oversee the capital accounting function
- Oversee the establishment and ongoing maintenance of strong internal financial controls over the revenue and expenditure work flow cycles.
- University degree in Business/Finance required.
- Professional accounting designation (CA)
- Financial Experience in the Real Estate Industry
- Strong transformational leadership skills; a proven leader who can motivate and manage a support team to achieve success
- 10+ Years Business experience within a large and complex finance environment
- Proven ability and experience to oversee a large team of financial professionals
- Experience with internal control audits and systems
- Experience overseeing audits performed by external audit firms
- Superior analytical skills
- Awareness of key financial indicators and how they impact business results
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Knowledge of Federal, Provincial and Municipal financial regulations
- Candidate will possess extensive management experience and will exhibit a broad capacity for developing his/her staff’s skills and abilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Please email resumes in Word format to email@example.com