We are looking for someone special to be a part of our World Class Transportation Services Organization and grow with us as we launch forward into the new year! STOCK TRANSPORTATION, a subsidiary of National Express Corp (NEC) one of the largest providers of Student Transportation Services in Canada and the United States has an immediate opening for a skilled: Truck and Coach Technician for our Gormley, ON Service Centre.
STOCK TRANSPORTATION 24 Cardico Drive Gormley L0H 1G0
At Stock Transportation our Truck and Coach Technician / Tech I - Diagnose malfunctions and repair buses and perform preventative maintenance within qualification level to established standards of safe and reliable operation and in accordance with relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
Interested candidates should apply online here: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA2/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=DURHAMSCHOOLSERVICES&cws=2&rid=1210
-As a Certified technician Must possess 310T / Red Seal
-Work as a strong team player in a fast-paced environment
-Communicates effectively with a diverse driver pool
-Ideally have previous fleet experience and are familiar with diesel and gasoline systems
1. Diagnoses malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs (e.g. adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature, gas regulating components, adjust/test/rebuild engines etc.) and related assigned duties within qualification level, in accordance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements. Test-drives vehicles to ensure repair resolved the problem.
2. Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all major repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
3. Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
4. Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary in conducting assigned repairs and maintenance including repairs and maintenance required to be performed by Technicians with a higher qualification level.
5. Records time spent, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted on appropriate form.
6. Advises Maintenance Supervisor of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices and/or vehicle abuse.
7. Performs road calls and on the road repairs as assigned.
National Express and Stock Transportation are an equal opportunity employer
"Our Commitment Is To Deliver Fleet Excellence Every Time"
Key Skills: Engine repair, Test and adjust units to specifications Engine repair and overhaul, Electrical and electronic systems, Diesel engines, Diagnostics, Alignment, Fleet Mechanic, Valve and injector adjustments, steering and suspension adjustment, Diagnose faults and malfunctions Brake systems, Complete brake jobs and wheel seals, Lubricate , Heavy-Duty Equipment mechanic, Hydraulic systems, diagnostic tools, 310T Truck & Coach License / Red Seal endorsement, brake & Engine calibration devices, preventive maintenance, Bus Mechanic, Fuel and emission systems, Ignition and electrical systems, combustible engines Automatic transmission, Standard transmission, driveline components , Inspect and test mechanical units, School Bus, Repair and replace mechanical units, suspension systems, Drive train components, Collision repair, Diesel Repair, R&R, Overhaul, Maintenance of commercial transport truck systems, DOT inspections, off road equipment repair, automotive/diesel repair certification, Master Mechanic, Bus Garage Mechanic, vehicle specifications, Services tech.