Click Here To Apply
Manager - Core Audit - MON000W2
Ernst & Young's people in more than 140 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, Ernst & Young continually strives to be a great place to work.
Ernst & Young's commitment to the quality and integrity of our audits is exemplified by our global audit methodology and our thorough quality controls that are applied to every client engagement. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, these enable us to deliver quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders. We currently are seeking qualified candidates for an excellent career and leadership opportunity as an Assurance Manager.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management throughout the year. Establish expectations of value to be delivered.
- Participate in performing audit procedures, especially focusing on complex and/or specialized issues.
- Collaborate to plan engagement objectives and an audit strategy that complies with professional standards and appropriately addresses risk.
- Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments.
- Stay informed of general business/economic developments and their impact to the client. Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team.
- Delegate work successfully. Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/training. Lead by example.
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills. Maintain cooperative relationships with other engagement teams.
- Monitor the engagement team's progress against the plan and alter it when needed. Generate new business opportunities.
- Understand E &Y and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to apply knowledge and services.
- Develop long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
To qualify for this highly visible position and an excellent opportunity for career advancement, candidates must have:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field
- Post-graduate diploma or degree in Accounting preferred
- Canadian CA designation or reciprocal CA designation recoginzed with the CICA mandatory
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in an accounting firm
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS conversion
- Knowledge of SOX and GAAP
- Excellent project management skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership
- Integrity within a professional environment
Ernst & Young is committed to diversity and equity