Click Here To Apply
Corporate Finance Associate - M&A (Calgary) - CAL000JR
Ernst & Young's people in more than 140 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, Ernst & Young continually strives to be a great place to work.
Ernst & Young Orenda Corporate Finance Inc., a specialty practice within Ernst & Young's Transaction Advisory Services, is the dominant mid-market investment bank in Canada. The practice is recognized as a trusted source of expertise for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financing, privatization, and valuations and has been advising clients on all aspects of strategic transactions and capital sourcing activities for more than 30 years. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Project manage an acquisition, divestiture or merger assignment
- Develop and review financial models within broadly defined guidelines
- Synthesize research information to be used in modeling, competitive analysis, industry analysis, negotiation support and various other applications
- Prepare and deliver presentations to clients
- Support the VPs in identifying and exploring potential new business
Qualifications of this position are as follows:
- Undergraduate degree (preferably with a CFA, CBV, MBA or CPA
- Minimum 4 years experience in business development, financial analysis and M&A
- Working knowledge of the Canadian and International Finance and Accounting concepts and principles as it relates to M&A transactions
- Strong project management skills
- Strong computer and financial modeling skills
- Understanding of key business drivers. The successful candidate for this position will have strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills, superior analytical skills, demonstrated project and/or people management skills and have been recognized for their 'roll up the sleeves' attitude and high levels of creative energy and enthusiasm.
Ernst & Young is committed to diversity and equity