Plains Midstream Canada is a leader in providing solutions to logistical and marketing needs in the crude oil, natural gas, and liquefied petroleum gas industries.
Our crude oil assets are located in the key producing regions of Canada. With over 5,000 kilometers of gathering and mainline pipeline systems, "approximately 4.6" million barrels of storage capacity and over twenty crude oil truck and rail terminals, our existing infrastructure affords us flexibility and allows us to meet the needs of our customers. The operations of our crude oil business are conducted throughout the provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba as well as in North Dakota and Montana of the United States.
Located throughout the West Coast, Midwest, and Northeastern United States as well as in the province of Alberta, our LPG facilities include approximately 22 million barrels of useable storage capacity. Our strategically located assets combined with our strong marketing presence in the major LPG storage and trading centers, allow us the flexibility to provide the energy product solutions that our customers require.
At Plains, our company is made up of a diverse and dedicated group of individuals who are passionate about our business.
We have an ongoing commitment to achieve the very best results for our stakeholders. To support this commitment, you will find that our corporate culture is one that encourages learning, adaptability, teamwork, leadership and fresh thinking.
As our business continues to expand, so do the employment opportunities at Plains. We provide challenging employment positions and competitive financial rewards in a dynamic work environment. If you are interested in becoming a part of our team, please submit your resume electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting your resume, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process. Learn more.
Our top-tier benefits program is designed to improve the quality of life for our employees and their families.
Plains' benefit program includes the following:
- Immediate Benefit Enrollment
- 100% Employer Paid Group Benefit Package
- Extended Health Care
- Dental & Vision Care Coverage
- Health Spending Account
- Flex Days
- Company/Personal Performance Quarterly Bonus Program
- Group RRSP/ESP Employer Matching Program
- Educational Awards and Reimbursement Programs
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage
- Long-Term Disability Coverage
Plains Midstream Canada is in the design phase of a new Rail Terminal Facility near Kerrobert, SK. Construction will commence in September 2014 with commissioning scheduled for mid-year 2015. Our Facility will operate 24 hours per day, 7 days per week; shift work (12 hour shifts) will be required.
We are currently looking to fill the position of Operator (Rail Car Loader). This position reports to the Lead Operator and will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring adherence to safety standards in accordance with company policy and legislated requirements;
- Verifying tank car numbers with loading instructions to ensure accurate placement of cars by crew;
- Removing and replacing rail car caps;
- Inspecting exterior of rail cars prior to and after loading, and prior to shipping, for damage or leaks;
- Swinging loading spout over rail car and turns valve to admit oil to tank;
- Lowering gauge rod into tank or reads meter to verify specified volume of liquids loaded;
- Filling sample cylinders for laboratory testing;
- Copying load specification on placard and tacks placard to tank;
- Sealing outlet valves on car;
- Data collection;
- Performing routine inspections of rail track and switches and reporting defects to the Supervisor Operations or Maintenance Supervisor;
- Performing mechanical troubleshooting; pump and valve maintenance; safety system testing and periodic inspection/calibration of equipment;
- Interacting with other personnel at the Facility to ensure alignment of activities;
- Relieving Lead Operator and/or Control Panel Operator as required;
- Performing general labour for grounds maintenance, painting, lawn mowing, etc.;
- Other duties as required to support activities within his/her area or other areas within the Facility.
- High School Graduation;
- Valid Driver's License;
- Previous experience preferred but not essential;
- Strong safety orientation;
- Ability to recognize problems, collect data and establish facts in order to draw valid conclusions;
- Ability to confidently and accurately calculate figures and amounts relate to proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume;
- Self-starter with a strong sense of responsibility and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word and Excel;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work outside on a year round basis in a physically demanding environment, including the ability to climb ladders and stairs on a routine basis;
- Ability to work rotating shifts (days and nights); and
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a post-offer, pre-employment Drug and Alcohol test.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to September 26, 2014, to: