Plains Midstream Canada is a leader in providing solutions to logistical and marketing needs in the crude oil, natural gas, and liquefied petroleum gas industries.
Our crude oil assets are located in the key producing regions of Canada. With over 5,000 kilometers of gathering and mainline pipeline systems, "approximately 4.6" million barrels of storage capacity and over twenty crude oil truck and rail terminals, our existing infrastructure affords us flexibility and allows us to meet the needs of our customers. The operations of our crude oil business are conducted throughout the provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba as well as in North Dakota and Montana of the United States.
Located throughout the West Coast, Midwest, and Northeastern United States as well as in the province of Alberta, our LPG facilities include approximately 22 million barrels of useable storage capacity. Our strategically located assets combined with our strong marketing presence in the major LPG storage and trading centers, allow us the flexibility to provide the energy product solutions that our customers require.
At Plains, our company is made up of a diverse and dedicated group of individuals who are passionate about our business.
We have an ongoing commitment to achieve the very best results for our stakeholders. To support this commitment, you will find that our corporate culture is one that encourages learning, adaptability, teamwork, leadership and fresh thinking.
As our business continues to expand, so do the employment opportunities at Plains. We provide challenging employment positions and competitive financial rewards in a dynamic work environment. If you are interested in becoming a part of our team, please submit your resume electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting your resume, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process. Learn more.
Our top-tier benefits program is designed to improve the quality of life for our employees and their families.
Plains' benefit program includes the following:
- Immediate Benefit Enrollment
- 100% Employer Paid Group Benefit Package
- Extended Health Care
- Dental & Vision Care Coverage
- Health Spending Account
- Flex Days
- Company/Personal Performance Quarterly Bonus Program
- Group RRSP/ESP Employer Matching Program
- Educational Awards and Reimbursement Programs
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage
- Long-Term Disability Coverage
Plains Midstream Canada is in the design phase of a new Rail Terminal Facility near Kerrobert, SK. Construction will commence in September 2014 with commissioning scheduled for mid-year 2015. Our Facility will operate 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
We are currently looking to fill the position of Supervisor, Yard Movements. This position reports to the Manager, Kerrobert Rail Terminal and will be responsible for the following:
- Scheduling unit train movements within the Facility;
- Directing the safe, timely and efficient movement of unit trains within the Facility;
- Directing the activities of rail engineers and other direct reports;
- Ensuring adherence to safety standards in accordance with company policy and legislated requirements;
- Securing or delivering employee training using internal resources and/or external providers;
- Performance management;
- Working with CP Rail to ensure timely scheduling of unit train arrivals and departures;
- Liaising with other company personnel responsible for facility operations;
- Liaising with contractors and external providers;
- Report preparation;
- Being available for after-hours call to deal with facility issues; and
- Other duties as required to support activities within his/her area or other areas within the Facility.
- A minimum 3-5 years rail operations experience;
- Prior experience in oil rail terminal operations would be an asset;
- Prior supervisory experience and strong supervisory skills;
- Strong safety orientation;
- Strong knowledge of rail locomotive operation and rail car shunting;
- Solid knowledge of rail car maintenance procedures;
- Strong knowledge of government regulations relating to rail operations;
- Willingness to learn and enhance knowledge of facility processes and operations;
- Ability to take direction and delegate duties and responsibilities while being accountable for the work being performed;
- Ability to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities;
- Energetic, well-organized, and self-motivated;
- Ability to effectively interact with direct reports;
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with external organizations, vendors and agencies;
- Self-motivated with a desire to inspire others to a high level of competency;
- Team player with ability to instill a safety and goal oriented workforce;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; and
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a post-offer, pre-employment Drug and Alcohol test.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to September 26, 2014, to: