With energy, drive and a spirit of collaboration, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. Better still, there are no limits on the legacy you can leave while working for ABB.
ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 150,000 people.
ABB Inc. seeks a project planner who will be responsible to establish, maintain and report of various project schedules related to the ongoing projects associated with Power Systems Projects. The ideal candidate will hold a university degree (Preferably Engineering or Business) and perform the below tasks contributing to the successful execution of Power Systems projects, customer satisfaction, resource forecasting and control, scheduling. This role is responsible for thoroughly addressing all project schedule complexities, ensuring realistic timelines based upon project and/or engineering background and analyzing schedule potential issues/conflicts/warning signs as a matter of risk avoidance.
- Develop and update detailed Project Schedules for bids and projects with appropriate inputs from project team members with proper identification of critical path items and milestones. Based upon understanding of the technical aspects of the project, assess the schedule dates provided to ensure dates are both realistic to achieve work scope and aggressive for driving completion
- Address directly with appropriate functions, issues identified in schedule analysis to achieve agreement on modified dates when needed
- Assertively inquire on the logic used within each function in establishing dates to ensure consistent and aggressive approach to project execution
- Assess interconnection of project milestones to ensure appropriate chain of events
- Raise identified risks on project schedule through continual monitoring of progress of internal activities and external suppliers/contractors
- Maintain a Resource Planning Tool and produce monthly forecasts based on inputs from the different projects and departments. Resource loading and leveling.
- Produce trend reports such as S- curves, earned value and On-Time Delivery
- Establish with SCM schedule requirements (format, level of detail and key dates) to be requested from suppliers for implementation in the ABB overall project schedule
- Develop and maintain Base Template Project Schedules for different types of projects including detailed WBS and critical milestones with Client for the Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Shipping, Construction and Commissioning phases
- Communication across Project Management, Engineering and other functions to ensure understanding of resource utilization and commitments; educate project team on interdependency of items and impact of missed dates
- Interact with external customers on planned dates, delivery of customer commitments in line with established project and address impact of missed customer deliverables on overall project timeline
- Provide to Project Manager(s) solutions to schedule conflicts; Gain cross project team commitments to creative solutions that represent the best option for the Power Systems business
- University Degree (Preferably in Engineering or Business)
- Minimum 5 to 8 years relevant experience in complex EPC project planning, including all projects phases and their inter-relationships
- Proficiency in Primavera 6.0, Microsoft Project, advanced knowledge of Excel and knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge and Experience in Project Management and Site Management concepts & framework and risk assessment
- Proven ability to tie complexities of project dates, communication of risks and solutions and achieving project team commitment to schedule changes as needed
- Experience in presenting to all levels of the organization the risks identified through project scheduling oversight
ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process. We also offer a stimulating work environment, competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
The masculine form is used as neutral gender and includes man and women.