Cashier (C)Post Date:
08 / 19 / 2014Location:
555 UNIVERSITY AVE.Regular / Temporary:
: TORONTOPosition Type:
Key responsibilities of a Cashier include:
* Maintain the customer service and checkout area for prompt and accurate processing of the customer's order;
* Merchandise and maintain designated areas;
* ensure loss prevention systems and procedures are performed according to guidelinesQUALIFICATIONS:
* Well organized;
* detail oriented;
* effective verbal and communication skills;
* commitment to providing effective customer service;
* organization and neatness;
* troubleshooting.WORK HOURS:
Flexible hours including some evenings and weekendsADDITIONAL POSITION DETAILS:
Dedicated exclusively to children and their families, The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) is one of the largest and most respected paediatric healthcare centres in the world. As innovators in child health, we lead and partner to improve the health of children through the integration of healthcare, leading-edge research and education. Our reputation would not have been built - nor could it be maintained - without the skills, knowledge and experience of the extraordinary people who come to work here every day. SickKids is committed to ongoing learning and development, and features a caring and supportive work environment that combines exceptionally high standards of practice.
When you join SickKids, you become part of our community. We share a commitment and determination to fulfill our vision of Healthier Children. A Better World.
Don't miss out on the opportunity to work alongside the world's best in paediatric healthcare.
We are currently looking for a Retail Associate to join the Shoppers Drug Mart team at the Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) to provide efficient and courteous customer service and to assist in the merchandising and rotation of products.
This is a great opportunity for you to work in a fast-paced environment and assist patients and families at SickKids.
Here's What You'll Get To Do
* Perform all standard cash register transactions proficiently and accurately according to operational procedures including cash, debit card, and credit card transactions
* Assist in pharmacy-related technical tasks, such as filing prescriptions and helping with inventory
* Assist in the merchandising and rotation of products according to merchandising guidelines, ensuring product is presentable, clean and saleable
* Ensure all loss prevention systems and procedures are performed according to established guidelines while keeping the store clean and safe for customers and employees
* Provide superior customer service, answer customer inquiries, answer incoming phone calls and resolves client concerns
Here's What You'll Need
* A High School Diploma is preferred
* 1 or more years of previous retail environment experience
* Shoppers Drug Mart experience is an asset
* Experience with electronic cash register systems and an understanding of basic merchandising principles
* Good communication and excellent interpersonal skills are required
* Ability to provide accurate and efficient service
* Demonstrated strong customer service skills
Permanent, Full-time, 30 hours a week.Apply Now