RioCan is Canada's largest real estate investment trust with a total capitalization of approximately $14.9 billion as at June 30, 2014. It owns and manages Canada's largest portfolio of shopping centres with ownership interests in a portfolio of 340 retail properties containing approximately 81 million square feet, including 47 grocery anchored and new format retail centres containing 13 million square feet in the United States as at June 30, 2014. RioCan’s portfolio also includes 16 properties under development in Canada. For further information, please refer to RioCan's website at www.riocan.com.
This position is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the HRIS database including collection, retrieval, accessibility, data import / export, interface with other applications and usage of employee information for human resources planning activities in Canada and the United States. The HRIS Analyst is the subject matter expert in reporting and analytics of HR, payroll and benefits data.
- Implement database enhancements and report development.
- Act as the department’s technical liaison for other function experts ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing, and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
- Assist HR department with technical issues, queries and information compilation related to the use of the HRIS systems.
- Develop user training plans, procedures, guidelines, and documentation and train system users on new processes/functionality.
- Write, maintain and support a variety of reports and queries utilizing SQL’s and reporting tools.
- Manage full cycle HRIS implementation including planning, designing, developing, testing and deploying.
- Log issues and follow-up with users to ensure issues are resolved.
- Analyze data and interpret trends or patterns to help formulate recommendations.
- Perform database testing as required.
- Design, Test and Manage interfaces as required.
- Perform quarterly data base audits.
- Liaise with service providers in regards to data base changes.
- Maintain the confidentiality and security of data.
- Research, recommend, plan and implement innovative and value-added business solutions, process improvements, and reporting changes.
- Responsible for database updates to comply with legislative updates eg; year-end.
- Create weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and ad hoc reporting.
- Payroll administration back-up as required.
- Other duties / projects as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- College diploma or certificate in Accounting , Payroll and/or Computer Science
- 3 - 5 years of previous HRIS experience
- Minimum of 5 years of full cycle payroll experience including year-end
- Participated in a minimum of 3 HRIS implementations and integrations
- Experience with Ceridian Latitude and/or Dayforce is a definite asset
- Strong understanding of HR, payroll and benefits and data processes in order to ensure implementation integrity
- Proven experience creating and modifying reports
- Knowledge of computer operations and computer systems analysis
- High degree of initiative and accountability; the ability to excel as part of a team, provide excellent customer service and deliver results
- Proficient in Word, Excel, V-Look Up and SQL
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Must have strong analytical skills, proactive and passionate about HRIS
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Experience in Ceridian Latitude and/or Dataforce is a definite asset
- US database implementation experience is an asset
- Project Management experience - certification is an asset
- CPM Certification is an asset
- Previous experience in JD Edwards is an asset
Interested, qualified candidates should submit their resumes by September 20, 2014, by E-mail: email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.