Position: Registered Nurse
Unit/Department: Critical Care Unit
Reports To: Clinical Team Manager
Hours: 0.5 FTE, 0.6 FTE & 0.7 FTE, Days & Nights, 12 Hour Shifts, Including Weekends
Status: Part Time Regular (6 positions)
To provide Patient/Family driven care to the patients in the Critical Care unit. The Registered Nurse, in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team will deliver treatment with an emphasis on assessment, education, prevention, maintenance, and restoration of health in a supportive and culturally sensitive manner. All roles are essential in providing a safe and healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and others by ensuring that health and safety policies are followed.
- Diploma in Nursing required, Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or equivalent preferred.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support certification (BCLS).
- Patient assessment course.
- Recent Critical Care certificate.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO).
- RNAO membership.
- Critical Care/ICU Experience.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Clinical competence in CCU nursing skills.
- Clinical competence in assessment and monitoring of critically ill patients.
- Ability to use critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to organize patient care demands and to set priorities.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all members of the health-care team including patients and families.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated and ongoing commitment to professional development.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner.
- Bilingualism in a second languarge, an asset.
Click here to apply for this job