English Language Instructor (1 Year Contract)
Fort McMurray & Fort McKay, AB
Headquartered in Milan, Italy and operating internationally for 20 years, Saipem SPA is one of the largest Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) companies in the world. We have engineered and constructed oil and gas projects in more than 100 countries around the world.
Based out of Calgary, Alberta, Saipem Canada is our Canadian company. We currently have more than 3,000 talented employees in Alberta of all types of disciplines. We own a modular fabrication yard in Edmonton, Alberta and implement EPC projects in various locations in Canada.
Saipem’s portfolio of world-class projects means that you have the potential to gain international experience in your career with us. Our diverse workforce is committed to core values: health & safety, research & development, innovation, quality, teamwork, internationalism, environmental responsibilities and integrity. These values are instrumental to the success of the company, and the success of our clients.
Saipem Canada is growing, and this gives you an opportunity to join a team of talented individuals from all over the world. We want our team to work together with us to shape the direction of our organization, and help move the oil and gas industry forward in a sustainable way in Canada.
We are currently looking for a part-time, on-call English Language Instructor to join our team on our project sites in Fort McMurray and Fort McKay, Alberta. This position may be based anywhere but will require travel between the two sites.
As an English Language Instructor, reporting directly to the Team Lead of Compensation and Training & Development, you will provide language instructions to internal employees at all levels of proficiency. Instruction will include the development of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills.
- Develop and implement a structured Language Training Lesson Plan focused towards the TOEFL assessments
- Prepare course materials and instructional activities for student development
- Explain concepts clearly and coherently to students and provide constructive feedback to students in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in education, language, or close related field preferred
- Familiarity with language education and methodology for adult learning
- Minimum 1 year of experience developing and delivering language courses for all levels of proficiency focused on successful achievement on TOEFL assessments
- Demonstrated proficiency in English
- Proficient with PC-based computers, Microsoft Office Suite and other software applications as they relate to modern instructional delivery
- This job is located at our project sites in Fort McMurray and Fort McKay.
Thank you for your interest in working for Saipem Canada. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply via our website: www.saipemcanada.com