THE ART VS. SCIENCE ROLE (OTE: $162,000 - $172,000)
According to the theory of left-brain versus right-brain dominance, each hemisphere of the brain is believed to control different types of thinking. For example, a person who is "left-brained" is often said to be more logical, analytical & objective, while a person who is "right-brained" is said to be more intuitive, thoughtful & subjective.
I look at it this way . the "right-brained" looks at "the parts" while the "left-brained" looks at "the whole".
In other words . Art is "soft" . and science is "hard"!
But . what matters most is how my client looks at it . and they are looking for a senior Sales Ops professional who can do (and has done) both, but is not be paralyzed by either. I need someone with a track record of applying science to the art of sales . and art to the science of business!
POSITION: DIRECTOR, SALES OPERATIONS
REPORTS TO: VICE-PRESIDENT, SALES & MARKETING
LOCATION: GTA WEST
SUMMARY: Managing the Sales operations team and helping guide strategy, this individual will be an integral member of the Senior Sales team. The objective of this role will be to facilitate and support the infrastructure that supports the Sales organization. Genuine sales transformation is an extensive and considerable undertaking. It requires changes in and support of processes that sustain and support Sales. Success in this regard begins with accurately monitoring and tracking sales force information, compensation and analytics . produced by the Sales Operations team.
- Strategic direction / management of the team that builds & maintains the infrastructure of the Sales organization
- Management and decision regarding territory and account alignment and compensation plans
- Preparation and submission of Sales compensation payments for approval based on Delegation of Authority (DOA)
- Managing the group that performs analysis and sales metrics
- Monitoring of Sales results and metrics, and reporting of same to the Sales leadership and Senior Executive team
- Documenting and reporting to the Sales leadership team performance data
- Ensuring integration of Solution Selling® tools with the CRM system (Salesforce.com)
- Measuring/coaching/training on adoption of Sales tools as part of sales process (+ all Sales training & certification)
- Management of Sales forecast, metrics and reporting and attendance with Vice-President, Sales at Senior Executive meetings to validate accuracy and provide context
- Managing Sales communication team. Working with VP, Sales to develop executive motivational and strategic communications ensuring continuity and accuracy
- Works with little direction and makes decisions using own judgment in planning, organizing and scheduling work
- 5+ years' experience in a senior Sales Operations / Sales Effectiveness role
- Experience working with Sales & Marketing teams while interfacing with other internal departments
- Project Management experience
- Solution Selling, Superior problem-solving, investigative & organizational skills
- Excellent written communications including proofreading skills
- Creative and flexible approach to preparing presentations and documents
- Excellent management, human relations / collaboration / communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) applications and Salesforce.com
- Ability to acquire customized business application usage knowledge quickly
- Excellent knowledge of Internet and Intranet methods and tools
- Diplomacy and tact required in internal and external relationships
BASE SALARY: $135,000 - $145,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $162,000 - $172,000
OTHER: long-term incentive plan, generous RRSP & pension plans + executive benefits plan + car allowance
NEXT STEPS: If you're the person that I'm looking for . and you'd like to explore this role further, this is what I need;
1 - Send an email along with your resume (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
2 - Ensure the subject line reads; (THE ART VS SCIENCE ROLE: 199-MH1286).
3 - Ensure the dates on your resume read Month / Year . not just year. (I've seen all the tricks).
4 - Do not send a cover letter or . even worse . a generic email.
5 - Please detail your experience and successes as they relate to a senior Sales Operations role.
6 - Where are you currently employed & what's your REAL motivation to consider a change?
7 - Based on the detailed job description above . why do you feel that you may be a fit for this role?
SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCE: http://about.me/krpan
** I realize that my process is more complicated than most roles you see on the internet . where you simply click a box to send your resume. Most candidates understand that my criteria is client driven . a select few have expressed their 'displeasure' with the process . but in the end . my clients are expecting me to present exceptional candidates and that's what I always do for them. I promise you one thing . if you can demonstrate that you are a likely fit . I will be in touch . ASAP! Good luck in your search!Click Here to Apply