AMEC (LSE: AMEC) is a focused supplier of consultancy, engineering and project management services to its customers in the world's oil and gas, minerals and metals, clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. With annual revenues of some C$5.1 billion, AMEC designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets and employs over 29,000 people in around 40 countries worldwide. See amec.com.
Since 2000, Engineering News Record magazine has ranked AMEC among the top International Design Firms. AMEC has also ranked at the top of its sector in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index since 2005.
AMEC's Environment & Infrastructure division is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in Regina, SK.
- Geotechnical engineering and project management role in wide range of projects.
- Direction and training of junior and intermediate geotechnical engineering staff
- Preparation of technical proposals and reports
- Development and maintenance of client relationships.
- Conducting business development activities.
- Opportunity to collaborate with other AMEC offices/geotechnical engineering staff on projects in Western Canadian or international locations.
- 10 + years of geotechnical field investigation and design experience commensurate with level of professional standing
- University graduate with a minimum of a Bachelors Degree (preferably with Masters or Ph.D degree) in civil (geotechnical) or geological, engineering; from an accredited university
- P.Eng. in Saskatchewan, or is eligible for registration with APEGS
- Understanding and experience in geotechnical investigations and design of foundations, slopes, dams, tailings management and water management
- Good working knowledge of geotechnical engineering investigations, field monitoring, foundations, soil mechanics and slope stability
- Affiliations with CGS, CDA or CIM considered an asset
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well developed knowledge of Microsoft Office, and technical software used in geotechnical and mining engineering - geostudio, Lpile, FLAC, etc
- Must have demonstrated leadership abilities and be a motivated team player
- Excellent client service abilities and ability to meet deliverables on time and on budget
- Experience within the consulting industry.
With us, you'll be challenged. You'll be encouraged to excel. You'll be given the opportunity to build a rewarding career. And you'll be proud to be a part of the AMEC team.
You will become a part of a strong, global company operating in oil and gas, mining, clean energy, and environment and infrastructure markets.
Imagine working on complex global projects, being challenged to develop your skills and experience, being provided with opportunities to build a successful career. Imagine working for world-leading clients, delivering excellence and being recognised for it.
That's the world of AMEC, built on strong values, where you can belong and be proud of what you achieve.
AMEC offers competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path. Additional information can be obtained from our website at www.amec.com.
To Apply: Click here to apply online. If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
AMEC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.
By submitting your resume, you consent to AMEC Americas Limited sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.