Sheridan College is one of Canada's leading postsecondary institutions dedicated to the provision of outstanding academic programs and the support of student and graduate success. We deliver an exceptional educational experience in an environment renowned for innovation and creativity. Program options range from one-year certificates to four-year degrees in the arts, business, community service and technology fields. Sheridan serves 18,000 full-time and 35,000 continuing education students at our campuses in Oakville, Brampton and Mississauga.
Sheridan employees will enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous vacation entitlement
- Excellent benefits package with Sun Life
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee assistance programs
- On-site fitness facilities include: weight rooms, cardio rooms, and squash courts, as well as karate, yoga, pilates, rock climbing and other instructional activities.
In addition, we offer professional development opportunities to promote career development and success in the workplace, including:
- Professional Development funding
- Reduced fees for Continuing Education courses
- Tuition Reimbursement
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People, and persons with disabilities. To request any accommodations you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms) contact email@example.com to discuss your needs.
Note: Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an evaluation to determine the Canadian educational equivalence. This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position as a condition of employment. For further information, visit:
World Education Services
Under the direction of the Manager, International Business Development, the International Student Coordinator - Advisement supports the achievement of College enrolment and retention plans/targets for the international student population. The incumbent will provide a broad range of duties in the two areas of Advocacy and Retention specific to Sheridan’s international student population.
Specific duties include:
- Providing assistance and facilitating problem-resolution on an as-needed basis to registered international students with a wide range of needs;
- Assisting students in settling into and/or finding accommodation and providing medical referrals and insurance information;
- Providing students with information on how to access Canadian Immigration information and establishing connections with other Sheridan and external community services to build a network of services to assist students in settling in and achieving success;
- Responding to referrals from, and liaising with, other departments, e.g. financial aid, finance, academic schools and student affairs, responding to inquiries and providing assistance to registered international students;
- Coordinating International Peer Mentor and Outreach programs to promote peer support for international students;
- Providing detailed, comprehensive and accurate college/program-specific information and advice through one-on-one consultations to the public, applicants, students and their families/agents about program requirements, admissions and registration processes, community resources, general College business policies and processes and Canadian immigration/visa processes;
- Coordinating returning students logistics including health insurance, permit processing and monitoring status;
- Advising on program adjustments, availability of programs and opportunities for work study in support of a positive learning environment for international students;
- Participating as a member of the International Services team in the development and implementation of the College’s international marketing, recruitment and retention strategy including student engagement activities;
- Identifying possible barriers in policy/procedure that prevent international students entry to Sheridan;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Please note performing these duties may require periodic extensive traveling to international locations.
The successful candidate is required to have a three-year diploma/degree in public relations, marketing, business or a related field and will have three years relevant experience in sales and customer service in an international environment. (Or a relevant combination of education and related work experience) Recruitment and intercultural communication is considered an asset. The candidate must have proven leadership skills and excellent verbal communication abilities. A working knowledge of a Student Information System (SIS) and International Student Program (ISP) would be considered an asset. The incumbent must be able to independently problem solve and analyze reports and data. They must have effective time management and organizational abilities with the ability to schedule activities in relation to other responsibilities and still achieve deadlines. In addition, the preferred candidate will be multi-lingual and have participated in extensive diversity training.
Employee Group: Support Staff
Faculty/Department: International Centre
Campus: Trafalgar (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference #: 14/S/65
Hourly Range: $32.19 - $37.31
Hours: 8:30 - 4:30
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Application Details: This is a temporary replacement position that may continue up to October 5, 2015