Become part of Canada’s most dynamic communications and media company. At Rogers, we make sure our customers stay inspired, informed and in touch with advanced networks, powerhouse media brands, and technologically advanced communications services. We’re passionate about delivering the latest innovations that make a difference in the lives of Canadians.
Req ID: 24310-en_US
Reporting to the Director, Product Operations the success candidate will focus on the mobile payments sector and will require a detailed knowledge of the mobile payments ecosystem including: financial management of mobile payments, risk management, secure element manager technology framework, service provider trusted service manager infrastructure and wallet server structure and architecture. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management and creation of complex financial reporting systems that support the delivery of the suretap mobile wallet and credit card credential issuance support services business.
- Management, maintenance and continuous improvement of a key financial services support tool;
- Management, operation and maintenance of the internally developed reporting tool called Isolist, which provides comprehensive reporting of multiple, independent data sources from vendors and partners that provides near real-time data reporting
- Establish comprehensive algorithms to predict financial services performance across multiple industry verticals while ensuring the reconciliation and settlement of each transaction in a near real-time manner
- Expert knowledge in designing and explaining complex financial models using a multi-dependent variable parameters that can be dynamically modified to predict sensitivities in the business model
- Develop and maintain relationships with our distribution and ecosystem partners including Banks, credit card issuers, credit card networks, business partners and external vendors and act as their primary contact.
- Develop systems and build out code for integrated applications that support inputs from multiple partners and vendors for consolidation of data sources into a single source for product performance and trending against business goals
- Collaborate with payment ecosystem partners to develop reporting platforms that support mobile payment product delivery and provide near real-time insight into the performance of the products
- Collaborate with vendors to determine best practices to identify and manage fraudulent activities and mitigate risks in near-real time
- Assist in the development of business models that will be used for decision making and identifying revenue opportunities in the mobile payments ecosystem
- Provide input on budget planning and reports and provide in-depth analyses for the products/projects within the Transaction Services team
- Actively work with cross-functional teams and coordinate tasks and share responsibilities with the involved internal departments such as Marketing, Legal, Finance, Treasury and Fraud Management: educating them on the processes and controls and gaining support to bring functionality to market
- Assist in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of a customer support model that interacts with various partners while ensuring a positive user experience
- Manage expectations with the partners and internal stakeholders, around launches and business performance and usage
- Manage the delivery, tracking and reporting of customer promotions offered through the mobile wallet
- Continuously monitor and respond to external factors including competition, market and technology trends to define unique payment features that supports product growth and success
- Design net new processes in support of the products to optimize efficiency and maximize data visibility within a limited resource budget
- Manage and liaise with internal partners to identify and resolve known platform issues or data reporting inconsistencies
- Manage and oversee feature and data requests with internal development team
- Partner with internal Project Managers to manage the timelines and the successful delivery of services
- Design, implement and manage any operational processes required to successfully develop and launch the products
- Be the operations, controls and reporting evangelist within the Transaction Services group to educate the broader team and the organization on the opportunities to improve the product and how to improve the customer experience both within the product and via customer care.
- Generate and present detailed operational/ business and ad-hoc reports and dashboards for senior management
- Prepare invoices on behalf of the business to third party vendors and partners
- An undergraduate degree in Business, or a related discipline such as Economics, Finance or Accounting. Special consideration will be given to a candidate who has or is pursuing a CFA designation
- 2 years of experience in the mobile payments sector with detailed knowledge of the mobile payments ecosystem. Special consideration provided to a candidate that has demonstrated financial management of mobile payments, risk management, secure element manager technology framework, service provider trusted service manager infrastructure and wallet server structure and architecture development experience
- Proven ability to develop and build low-cost, integrated platforms that support inputs from multiple partners and vendors for consolidation of data sources into a single source for product performance and success
- Demonstrated experience designing, building, deploying and supporting complex, automated reconciliation and settlement financial systems used for day-to-day accounts payable /accounts receivable (AP/AR), fraud detection and financial operations within the mobile payments ecosystem
- Demonstrated financial services expertise in the space of AP/AR, reconciliation and settlement working with numerous vendors in the Enterprise and Consumer segments of the business
- Expert knowledge of developing complex mathematical algorithms to predict future product performance and model day-to-day, multi-variable product catalogues in near real-time with the ability to code these complex models into a comprehensive reporting system
- Proven ability to isolate key data elements from a large data set relevant to the business using in-house developed platforms for scheduled and ad-hoc reporting of performance or consumer behaviour
- Demonstrated ability in designing unique, self-service customer care models and promotional deployment tools in support of a mobile wallet platform
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage comprehensive business models in support of mobile payment initiatives in Canada
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (the capability to convey complex issues clearly, make points concisely and ensure all sides understand each other)
- Production of weekly dashboards for management and executive consumption in an ad-hoc manner
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills, with creative ability to overcome challenges and achieve resolution to not only the issue, but to ensure that consumer issue does not reappear moving forward
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills.
- The ability to address the customer’s urgent needs and manage deadlines to achieve client satisfaction
- Experience in developing key operational processes supporting the growth of a startup business
- Outstanding research and analytical skills
- Expert knowledge of Excel ,database architecture and designing a comprehensive reporting framework
- Strong collaboration skills, and ability to work independently
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment where systems must be designed to provide near real-time visibility into platform and product performance
Rogers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The future is exciting and Rogers is leading the way.
Canadians count on Rogers to keep them in touch with those who matter most to them - whether at their desk, on the couch, or on the go. As Canada's telecommunications leader, we keep everyone informed, connected and entertained, with our exciting array of products and services. Our drive to provide the latest and most innovative products ensures that our customers enjoy unmatched convenience, reliability, and flexibility. Rogers continues to set the pace by investing in our networks, platforms, products and people. Are you ready for a high-energy career that feeds your enthusiasm? Join us now.
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, Ontario
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Reporting and Analytics & Analyst
What does it mean to join Canada’s most dynamic communications and media company? It means working with the best and brightest to deliver innovation that makes a difference in the lives of Canadians. It’s enjoying great work and even greater rewards. Working together, we make sure our customers stay inspired, informed, and in touch with advanced networks, powerhouse media brands, and technologically-advanced communications services. It’s a thrill. It’s rewarding. It’s Rogers.
Apply now for a career like never before.
Posting Notes: Emerging Business || Canada (CA) || Ontario || Toronto || SF:WKMgt ||