Company name, business address and contact information:
Mail resume to: R. Davies, HR Generalist
Anderson’s House of Orthopedics
2109 Portage Ave
Deer Lodge Centre
Winnipeg, MB R3J 0L3
Or fax: 204-837-9469
Or email: email@example.com
Position Title: Prosthetic and Orthotic Technician
Terms of Employment: Permanent and full time at 40 hours per week
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
• A schedule of work will be based on the Clinic’s hours of operation. An employee will be required to maintain a positive attendance record. The required hours of availability for this position are Monday through to Friday starting at 8:00am and ending at 4:30pm.
• Prosthetic and orthotic technicians assemble and/or build prosthetic and orthotic appliances according to drawings, measurements and plaster casts using a variety of materials such as metals, plastics and leathers.
• Responsible for repairing, rebuilding and modifying prosthetic and orthotic appliances or orthopaedic footwear
• May take the body or limb measurements of patients.
• Skilled at the fabrication and repair of orthotic devices and prosthetic limbs.
• Strong analytical skills, able to translate designs and instructions into orthotic devices or prosthetic limbs.
• Mechanical ability and excellent hand-eye coordination; able to use shop tools safely and effectively.
• Strong mathematical skills, able to understand measurements and calculate basic equations and conversations.
• Proficient in the functional use and maintenance of hand and power tools such as trautman routers, industrial sewing machines, band saw, buffing and finishing tools, hand drills, drill press, air hammer, heat source tools, appropriate bits, blades or any specific implement used with a power tool.
• Able to perform manual labour and repetitive tasks, a combination sitting, standing, pushing, pulling, and the use of hand and power tools.
• Ability to work with chemicals and materials such as acrylics, thermoplastics and carbon fiber, fibre glass, adhesives & reactives, industrial paint, as well as other orthopedic and prosthetic shop related chemicals.
• Two to three year college program in prosthetics and orthotics and one to two years of supervised practical training OR completion of secondary school and up to four years of practical work experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working directly with orthotic and prosthetic patients as well as orthotic device and prosthetic limb fabrication and repair.
Wage: $21.00/hour overtime rate $31.50/hours
• Health Benefits including partial dental, prescription & vision coverage, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment.
• Holiday bonus closure.
• Performance bonus.