If you have the proven ENG camera abilities to capture community stories in studio and on location, consider joining the Rogers TV Ottawa team as an ENG Camera Operator/Associate Producer, this is a part time position on a 1 year contract.
We are looking for a broadcast television graduate with at least 2 years of relevant ENG production experience. The successful candidate will embrace access programming, building strong, professional relationships in order to deliver the compelling local programming our viewers expect. To get the job done, we need a team player who also has the initiative needed to work well independently, make smart decisions, tackle multiple, concurrent projects and make deadline.
If this sounds like you, apply today and include a demo reel of your best ENG work.
- Shooting and editing stories, reports and general visuals around Ottawa for a variety of programs
- Providing field lighting and audio set up for ENG and EFP productions
- Providing production support to various station initiatives and special programs
- Training and mentoring volunteers, co-op students and interns
- Working with Production Engineering on tracking equipment faults and failures
- Ensuring all programs and segments meet company and industry standards for content and technical quality
- Promoting the channel and its programs within the community
- Adhering to all legal and policy requirements under Health and Safety Legislation
- Performing other duties as assigned by Supervising Producer
- Core Competencies: Customer Service Oriented; ability to work in a team and collaborative environment; Adaptability to change; Must show initiative.
- Role Competencies: Must be creative; Able to solve problems immediately; Results oriented; Must be able to listen and understand and respond as required.
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in television broadcasting or related field plus a minimum of 2 years of production experience
- Proven ability to work with DSLR and XDCam equipment
- A solid understanding of AVID software, servers and file transfer systems; After Effects is a bonus
- Ability to work independently and to exercise good judgment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and ability to meet daily deadlines
- Ability to work various hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Valid class G license with excellent driving and work place safety records.
Schedule: Part Time
Length of Contract: 11 Months
Work Location: 475 Richmond Rd. (100), Ottawa, Ontario
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Production
What does it mean to join Canada’s most dynamic communications and media company? It means working with the best and brightest to deliver innovation that makes a difference in the lives of Canadians. It’s enjoying great work and even greater rewards. Working together, we make sure our customers stay inspired, informed, and in touch with advanced networks, powerhouse media brands, and technologically-advanced communications services. It’s a thrill. It’s rewarding. It’s Rogers.
Apply now for a career like never before.
Posting Notes: Media || Canada (CA) || Ontario || Ottawa || SF:LI-JL1; SF:WKExp ||