KANAWEYIMIK CHILD & FAMILY SERVICES, INC.
Kanaweyimik is an independent, non-political child welfare agency providing child welfare and family services to five First Nations. Moosomin, Mosquito, Red Pheasant, Saulteaux & Sweetgrass First Nations contract for services with Kanaweyimik.
The following is a general description of a Family Service Worker (Social Worker) position. Salary will be commensurate with experience, training and education. This is a full-time, permanent position.
FAMILY SERVICE WORKER (SOCIAL WORKER)
- The Family Service Worker is directly responsible to the Supervisor ond/or Executive Director;
- Manage a caseload in the area of child welfare and family support services;
- Intake services;
- Services to children-in-care;
- Community development;
- Services to families in need of support to prevent children coming-into-care;
- Maintain computerized data, case recordings, individual and family files, etc;
- Coordinate close planning sessions and monitor case plans to ensure families are receiving services;
- Child abuse investigations;
- Will comply with the provisions of the Kanaweyimik Personnel Manual as it exists from time to time.
- Must hove a University Degree from o recognized School of Social Work;
- Must hove ot least 5 years experience and proven ability to work in the counselling and social services area with families and children;
- Must demonstrate knowledge of The Child & Family Services Act;
- Must have work experience assessing families and children;
- Must have work experience counselling families and children;
- Must demonstrate a clear understanding and knowledge of native family systems;
- Must demonstrate knowledge in the area of family violence dynamics;
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the effects of separation as it relates to placement of children;
- Knowledge of the Cree language is an asset;
- Computer skills are a position requirement;
- Excellent verbal, written and time management skills are required;
- A clear criminal records check MUST BE PRESENTED AT INTERVIEW;
- Must have a valid drivers licence.
Application deadline is September 12,2014 at 5:00pm. Start date to be determined. Please forward resumes by fax or mail to: (306) 445-2533. Only successful applicants will be contacted for scheduled interviews. Recruitment process to continue until a successful candidate is selected.
Kanaweyimik Child & Family Services, Inc.
P.O.Box 1270 Battleford, Saskatchewan S0M 0E0
Attention: Marlene Bugler