Imagine being rewarded with exciting career opportunities, competitive compensation and working alongside the industry's best and brightest talent. Let your aspirations become a reality at Revera.
Revera is a leading provider of seniors' accommodation, care and services; built on a 50-year history of helping seniors live life to the fullest. Our nearly 30,000 dedicated employees continually strive to serve a diverse group of clients and to offer choices to meet their individual preferences. With 258 sites across Canada and parts of the U.S., we work to enhance lives in our retirement communities, long term care homes, U.S. nursing and rehab centres and through the provision of home health services.
Canadian-owned and operated, Revera serves approximately 30,000 clients every day, with the core values of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence at the heart of our business.
Find out more about Revera at www.reveraliving.com.
Reporting to the Executive Director of the home, the Director of Care is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and supervising the overall nursing program for residents within the home.
- To facilitate and promote the interdisciplinary approach within the home through the Nursing, Dietary, Activation, Environmental Service and Administrative Departments
- To review all resident applications for admission to determine appropriate level of care; assist with processing of admission and discharge papers
- To implement and monitor control and safekeeping of drugs and narcotics supervise the drug administration program including the administration of medication by all registered staff
- To direct and monitor the maintenance of health care records to ensure compliance with regulations and quality care for the resident
- To participate in Care Conferences as appropriate, meet with residents/family to resolve problems/ concerns/complaints
- To assist the Executive Director by collaborating with the Medical Advisor to ensure that medical attention and records are in compliance with regulations
- To hire, orient, schedule To assist the Executive Director in ensuring staff are knowledgeable about Resident Bill of Rights and Health and Safety Standards
- To monitor and review resident care staff compliance with all facility policies and procedures, including safety rules and safe working practices
- To comply with all relevant Provincial and Federal Acts and Regulations
- To assist the Executive Director with budget preparation and implementation for the Nursing Department
- To participate in the review process by regulatory bodies
- To investigate complaints
- To co-ordinate and monitor the Infection Control Program for the Nursing Department
- To assume administrative duties as required in the ED's absence
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct
- To complete all other duties as assigned
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of nursing personnel; including use of disciplinary process in conjunction with Executive Director.
||Long Term Care |
||Full Time |