Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an evaluation to determine the Canadian educational equivalence. This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position as a condition of employment. For further information, visit: World Education Services
Sheridan: Sheridan is a dynamic, innovative and award-winning institution of over 18,000 full-time and 35,000 continuing education students with four campuses in three Ontario cities within the GTA– Oakville, Brampton, and Mississauga. In 2011, Sheridan’s Board of Governors endorsed a bold strategic vision: “to establish Sheridan University: a unique undergraduate professional university, developed upon our reputation of creativity and innovation”. Sheridan is poised to become the top ranked teaching-oriented undergraduate university in Canada dedicated to the student experience. We are committed to the preparation of job-ready graduates who will contribute to our cultural and socio-economic future and who will be eligible for graduate studies. Applied research focused on solving real occupational challenges and on the scholarship of teaching and learning will serve to enrich the student learning experience and build on faculty expertise. For more about this exciting road ahead, please visit www.sheridanjourney.com.
Pilon School of Business: At the Pilon School of Business, our faculty have deep industry expertise, inspiring information and a strong drive to provide students with a great education. We have 4800 students across 25 programs offering certificates, diplomas, and degrees. We offer five bachelor of business administration degrees in accounting, finance, human resources management, marketing management and supply chain management. At the Pilon School of Business, we focus on building resourcefulness, potential to innovate and practical skills with the goal of bringing our student’s business careers to life. Our workplace provides a stimulating environment that encourages creativity and innovation, values the diversity of individuals and ideas, and fosters ongoing individual professional development
The Role: If you are passionate about teaching and interested in creating a teaching and learning experience to guide students in the development of their critical, creative and reflective thinking capacity and you possess a PhD degree in accounting hold or eligible to hold a Canadian CPA designation then this role is for you:
Professors are Responsible for:
- Ensuring that program and course curricula are current, relevant and reflective of best practices within the relevant professional/program disciplines;
- Defining, evaluating and validating learning outcomes for courses and programs;
- Creating an effective environment for learning which accommodates students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
- Designing appropriate strategies and tools for facilitating and assessing student learning that are invitational and reflective of best practices in teaching and learning;
- Developing appropriate strategies and tools to assess student performance that are consistent with the learning outcomes of the course and address multiple learning styles;
- Developing multi-media materials and alternative delivery strategies, and incorporating appropriate educational technologies into the learning process.
Professors also ensure that students are aware of course and program learning outcomes, learning strategies and evaluation techniques; provide individual tutoring and academic counselling; and evaluate student progress/achievement within assigned courses.
- PhD degree in accounting; hold a Canadian CPA designation or eligible to hold this designation;
- A minimum of three years relevant professional experience required;
- Experience in teaching and curriculum development at the post-secondary level;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrable ability to convey the conceptual and applied aspects of knowledge to a broad range of students;
- Committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to working within a team environment.
Employee Group: Academic - full time permanent
Faculty: Pilon School of Business
Campus: HMC (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus); benefits as per the Collective Agreement.
Salary Range: $61,638 - $106,853 (based on relevant educational qualifications and experience)
Application Deadline: Open until filled