Faculty/Department: Pilon School of Business
Employee Group: Faculty
Campus: HMC & Davis (May be assigned activities at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 16/F/12
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Start Date: January 2017
Salary Range: $61,638 - $106,853 (based on relevant educational qualifications and experience)
Pilon School of Business: At the Pilon School of Business, our faculty have deep industry expertise, inspiring information and a strong drive to provide students with a great education. We have 4800 students across 25 programs offering certificates, diplomas, and degrees. We offer five bachelor of business administration degrees in accounting, finance, human resources management, marketing management and supply chain management. At the Pilon School of Business, we focus on building resourcefulness, potential to innovate and practical skills with the goal of bringing our student’s business careers to life. Our workplace provides a stimulating environment that encourages creativity and innovation, values the diversity of individuals and ideas, and fosters ongoing individual professional development
The Role: If you are passionate about teaching and interested in creating a teaching and learning experience to guide students in the development of their critical, creative and reflective thinking capacity and you possess a Master’s in accounting or business and are in the process of getting a PhD in accounting and hold a Canadian CPA designation then this role is for you:
- Ensuring that program and course curricula are current, relevant and reflective of best practices within the relevant professional/program disciplines;
- Defining, evaluating and validating learning outcomes for courses and programs;
- Creating an effective environment for learning which accommodates students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
- Designing appropriate strategies and tools for facilitating and assessing student learning that are invitational and reflective of best practices in teaching and learning;
- Developing appropriate strategies and tools to assess student performance that are consistent with the learning outcomes of the course and address multiple learning styles;
- Developing multi-media materials and alternative delivery strategies, and incorporating appropriate educational technologies into the learning process.
Professors also ensure that students are aware of course and program learning outcomes, learning strategies and evaluation techniques; provide individual tutoring and academic counselling; and evaluate student progress/achievement within assigned courses.
• PhD in accounting (in progress and hold a MBA); hold a Master of Accounting or Master of Science in Accounting
• Currently hold a CPA designation and are a member in good standing of Chartered PRofessional Accountants Canada
• A minimum of three years relevant practical and professional experience
• Experience teaching and curriculum development at the post-secondary level
• Strong network of contacts with other academics, professionals, organizations and employers
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrable ability to convey the conceptual and applied aspects of knowledge to a broad range of students
• Committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to working within a team environment
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an evaluation to determine the Canadian educational equivalence. This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position as a condition of employment.
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com