Date Posted: January 4, 2017
You will be a strong team player and will possess:
Department: Marketing Services
Location: 2075 Kennedy Road - Scarborough
As a member of our in-house Creative Services team, you will be part of a fast-paced, energetic environment where you will play a key role in the creation of multi-faceted business-to-business marketing campaigns in support of a global brand. You will be expected to work both collaboratively and independently to see all projects through from concept to completion.
This position is responsible for:
- interpreting marketing briefs to develop creative campaign solutions that meet business and communication objectives while maintaining the integrity of the Thomson Reuters Brand;
- working with projects from start to finish (collaborative brainstorming, creative execution, proofing and edits though to final production);
- collaborating with copywriters to develop and deliver creative concepts in support of launch and post-launch campaign activities;
- designing marketing materials across multiple media formats including print, email, web, motion graphics, and video;
- modifying content and/or format of pre-existing design files as required;
- preparing files in accordance with print, web and media production requirements;
- ensuring all budget and deadline requirements are met; and
- prioritizing daily workflow to accommodate needs and deadlines as required.
- formal graphic design training (degree or diploma);
- a minimum of three years design experience;
- experience working with brand guidelines;
- a solid understanding of production, pre-press, print, and web-based technologies;
- the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment;
- a keen eye for detail and excellent organizational skills;
- the ability to execute projects from concept through to final production and delivery;
- the ability to be a team player with strong communication, interpersonal and collaborative relationship building skills;
- a flair for marketing and the ability to receive and incorporate feedback/input from individuals across all levels of the organization; and
- full competency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Premiere) and proficiency Microsoft Office within a Mac environment.
Experience in business-to-business (B2B) marketing and working knowledge of HTML, CSS, After Effects and Premiere will be considered an asset.
At Thomson Reuters Canada Limited, our environment is both challenging and supportive - we give employees the opportunity to develop their skills and do their best work - and we are proud to have been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers from 2009 - 2017 as well as one of the Best Workplaces from 2006 - 2015. Thomson Reuters is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals, and to do that, we seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification. We are prepared to consider a work from home arrangement for any candidate with a disability or a specific accessibility request. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under Thomson Reuters Accessibility policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own. More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on: www.thomsonreuters.com.