Job Posting: Digital Editor, The Kit
The Kit, Canada’s 360-degree beauty and style leader, is a modern media brand that uses the power of digital, print and social to tell rich, engaging, authentically multi-platform stories. The Kit connects with readers by offering Canada’s most compelling beauty and fashion content: breaking news, beautiful photo shoots, thoughtful essays and juicy, service-driven packages.
The Kit is seeking a digital editor to create unique, engaging online and social content. The ideal candidate is a digital native with a love of storytelling; a talented writer with a point of view; an experienced editor with strong industry and freelance relationships. She/he is plugged in to what’s happening right now in fashion, beauty, culture and celebrity—as well as SEO and content strategy. She/he is hard-working, organized, nimble and full of energy, enthusiasm and ideas. This role reports to the Editor-in-Chief.
- Write daily stories for thekit.ca
- Manage the brand’s social media platforms
- Assist in developing a robust, creative and forward-thinking content strategy
- Conceptualize multi-platform stories, series and packages
- Assign, edit and program copy
- Minimum three years experience in lifestyle media (preferably digital)
- Sharp editorial acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with innovating across multiple platforms
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for next steps will be contacted.
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements.