NGEN is a strategic marketing communications company located in Vaughan, Ontario, providing B2B and B2C clients with fully integrated marketing solutions.
We believe that ideas and innovation happens through inspired people, and we consider our people to be our strongest asset. We are thinkers, explorers, strategists, good listeners, risk-takers, and doers—and we love what we do.
What we need:
We are looking for a UI Web and Application Designer who understands how to interpret a marketing strategy and apply creative problem solving across this ever-changing digital world in order to design and create fresh and unforgettable interactive experiences for our clients. You will be able to translate consumer insights & marketing research into well-designed graphical user interfaces (GUI) that creates a compelling customer experience and drives engagement and sales that exceed our clients’ expectations.
You’re a strong team player who can work with and lead a collaborative team as it leads to daily cross-discipline idea generation but are also more than capable of working independently - taking a project from concept through execution, while ensuring top quality every step of the way.
You should be able to:
- Gather requirements and develop a deep understanding about client challenges utilizing a broad spectrum of analytical tools
- Be versed in wire framing or prototyping to quickly take research from idea to a visual representation that flows and clients can comprehend.
- Deliver a compelling user experience that is visually engaging from an aesthetic and use perspective
- Make recommendations to every project for improvements from a design, usability, SEO or lead generation perspective
- Ability to manage a team of 6 developers and thoroughly QA their work
- Well versed on social media and content marketing to understand the impacts on design and usability
- Measure, test, analyze and make recommendations on necessary changes to current or new projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment where formal project requirements or design guidelines may not always be available
- Willingness to work solo on a project when needed, as well as the ability to consult and collaborate with, account managers, clients, creative teams and developers
- Participate and present in meetings in order to contribute to organizational and client growth
What you need to have:
A desire to make an impact. We’re not looking for a clock puncher who logs hours. We’re looking for a passionate team player that ignites our team and gets our clients excited about whatever you’re working on. Ideally you demonstrate initiative and a desire to make this role your own with an eye on playing a larger role down the road.
- A strong portfolio of website and digital designs that demonstrate an understanding of design that engages and results in action. It should also demonstrate your excellent understanding of design theory, especially principles of graphic design, typography and usability.
- Real world experience, 3-5 years - agency preferred or equivalent designing and maintaining user interface and user experience design / front end development for B2B and B2C websites and digital marketing initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in digital media, communications, graphic design, or related field.
- A deep understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, site architecture, user interfaces and navigation.
- A critical eye for usability and conversion optimization.
- A high awareness of industry trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies.
- Experience creating wireframes using tools such as Sketch, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, Moqups,
- Fluent in the use of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and other visual technologies to create web graphics, animations, icons, style sheets, colour palettes and templates for use in website projects, e-marketing, touchscreen presentations and other digital media.
- Familiar with print design
- Game UI experience
- Agile development experience
- Video/sound editing
- Motion Graphics
- Social Media Campaign Development and Monitoring
- SEO/SEM, Google Adwords and Analytics
- Real estate industry experience
- Automotive industry experience
What you can expect.
- One of the advantages of working at NGEN is that we truly care about our employees and want to make them successful. As a result, we offer full-time employees:
- Participation in the company’s profit sharing program
- Health care benefit plan
- An annual personal development allowance