We are looking for a responsible individual design and contribute to web pages, using both non-technical and technical skills that fit the specific projects requirements. The individual will be involved in the technical and graphical aspects of pages, producing not just the look of the website, but determining how it works as well.
The successful candidate will be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and functional designs.
The candidate's main objective will be the flawless execution of the new projects and initiatives within the Business Solutions team reporting to the Manager of Strategic Initiatives Group.
Web designer duties can vary depending upon the type of organisation worked for and the technical level of the website, but can include:
- Supporting web design lead;
- Meeting clients to identify their needs and liaising regularly with them;
- Drawing up detailed website specifications;
- Designing sample page layouts including text size and colours;
- Designing graphics, animations and manipulating digital photographs;
- Presenting initial design ideas to clients;
- Ensuring design is in line with company branding policy or the requirements of the client;
- Editing content, debugging code and re-designing web pages;
- Working with other web specialists including web developers and graphic designers;
- Liaising with outside agencies;
- Testing the website to ensure it is working;
- Researching current design trends;
- Continual professional development to keep up to date with new software developments.