Senior Front End Web Developer
Postmedia Digital, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. seeks a Senior Web Developer to join the team that develops and supports the applications that power some of the largest media websites in Canada (canada.com, nationalpost.com, driving.ca, …etc.).
- 4+ years experience with HTML5, CSS3, XML, W3C standards compliance
- 4+ years experience developing responsive websites
- 3+ years experience with GIT version control systems in a collaborative development environment
- Strong understanding of web standards, best practices, accessibility and performance practices
- Write semantic, standards-compliant, cross-browser compatible web pages
- Experience in resolving cross-browser compatibility issues
- Significant experience developing responsive websites
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to translate wireframes and visual designs into functional interfaces
- Experience with a version control system (GIT, SVN)
- Experience working with 3rd party APIs (Facebook, Twitter, shopping engines, etc.)
- Experience and working knowledge of GPT/Google Tags
- Experience working in an JIRA in an agile environment
- Experience with a CSS pre-processor such as SASS or LESS.
- Experience with using AJAX, JSON, and XML.
- Experience working with PHP/Wordpress
- Working knowledge of building and optimizing Object Orientated web applications
- Demonstrated ability to meet delivery dates for small, medium and large scale development projects
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Superb problem solving ability, with a knack for technical innovation
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
- Develop, code, test, debug and document web development solutions
- Design efficient, secure software solutions to meet business needs
- Enhance and modify applications as necessary to ensure coding best practices, best performance, and an outstanding user-experience
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing applications
- Ensure code meets software standards
- Ability to meet delivery dates for all development projects
- Engage in QA related activities
- Liaise with stakeholders and other departments
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to meet deadlines
- On-call availability may be required
- Estimate work effort for development tasks and determine technical requirements, time estimates and development schedules at a project level
- Work closely with the Development Team Lead
Please note this is NOT a web designer position. It is a technical role that involves extensive custom web development and coding.
Should you be interested in this opportunity please forward a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Applicants should provide three (3) website URLs and any single page application that they have worked on with their resume submission.
Application Deadline: Saturday February 11th, 2017
No phone calls please. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.