At Urban Fare, we're passionate about more than just great food...our team of food experts work together to provide a fabulous gourmet shopping and eating experience throughout all of our locations. We are currently looking for passionate Cooks to join our team!
This role will be especially appealing to those who have heaps of enthusiasm and a willingness to provide great service – whether that means prepping for the day or jumping in on the line to help with the lunch rush.
On a daily basis you will:
- Outstanding customer service
- Food preparation (including handling raw meat/proteins)
- Maintaining cleanliness and food safe standards
What makes you a great candidate?
- Your ability to provide a best-in-class customer experience
- A can do attitude and a true enjoyment for cooking
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and lift 30lbs
- Previous food preparation experience
- Knife skills are an asset
- Experience cooking
Why choose Urban Fare?
- Competitive starting wage (time worked equals time paid)
- Work in a fun, rewarding, and friendly team environment with flexible schedules including scheduled lunch breaks
- Be a part of a unique urban-style grocery store offering gourmet foods and flavours
- Employment training focused on practical skills and career options to help team members achieve their goals
- Opportunities for career advancement and internal promotion, not just within Urban Fare, but also throughout Overwaitea Food Group
- Access to career development planning and online learning tools so you can grow with us
- Scholarship opportunities for students
If you’re looking for a great opportunity to kick-start your culinary career with a supportive organization dedicated to providing you with the skills and team guidance to succeed, apply online today.