Media Sales Consultant
The Belleville Intelligencer, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. has an immediate full-time opening for a Media Sales Consultant that will contribute to the success of The Intelligencer and Postmedia by growing our business, maximizing advertising revenue streams with existing and potential clients, and providing outstanding customer service while maintain a strong focus on audience based solutions.
- Apply a consultative audience based selling approach accompanied by the delivery of proactive advertising proposals to key decision-makers, thereby maintaining and building a group of client accounts on a proactive basis.
- Achieve and exceed planned annual revenue targets, pre-determined KPI levels and superior customer satisfaction levels.
- Present and close strategic proposals which identify explicit need, audience and measurement of success.
- Understand the customer’s needs and the audience they are trying to reach and provide the ROI that customer requires to become a true partner in our business.
- Educate clients on audience based approach to drive results for our advertiser’s by reaching the most relevant audience at scale.
- Understand audience database and how to use the data to build a consultative, multi-platform sales approach.
- Provide accurate revenue projections (forecasts) on a regular basis and in a timely fashion.
- Stay current with emerging advertising trends in order to provide the best solutions to customers.
- Solicit and develop new business accounts to add to the portfolio.
- Generate and maintain advertising revenues through current customers.
- Meet budgets, sales goals and schedule deadlines.
- Handle all rate, deadline, advertising and telephone inquiries.
- Consistently deliver excellent customer service.
- Cover sales territories and special projects as required.
- Advertising enthusiast, online and in print.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Post secondary education in advertising/ marketing/sales or equivalent work experience.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft 0ffice, PowerPoint).
- Understanding of SEM, SEO, Display, Website development.
- Strong prospecting skills.
- Strong negotiating and account planning skills.
- Well organized with an attention to detail.
- Ability to utilize market research and other data in creating presentations.
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Valid Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
If you have the passion to succeed and enjoy selling in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, submit your resume along with a compelling cover letter no later than January 23, 2017 to:
Gerry Drage, Group Director Media Sales, Quinte
Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. Sun Media encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Sun Media, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.