As Alberta's largest supplementary health benefits provider, Alberta Blue Cross serves more than 1.6 million Albertans with coverage through over 5,000 employer group plans, individual health plans and government-sponsored programs.
Alberta based and Alberta grown, we are committed to meeting the evolving supplementary health needs of Albertans and have a significant economic presence in the province. In 2011 Alberta Blue Cross processed 42 million claim lines with a value exceeding $2 billion.
As a best practices organization, Alberta Blue Cross is a multiple recipient of the Premier's Award of Distinction for Healthy Workplaces, and is ranked as one of Alberta's Top 50 Employers as well as one of Canada's Top Employers For Young People. Alberta Blue Cross is also the recipient of the 2012 Premier’s Award of Distinction awarded at the 2012 Alberta Chambers of Commerce Business Awards of Distinction.
With our head office in Edmonton, Alberta, and branch offices across the province, we specialize in serving the Alberta market as well as Alberta-based employers with employees outside the province.
To meet the needs of our customers, we employ a wide range of professionals including benefits experts, information technology specialists, customer service representatives, administrative professionals, claims analysts and more. We are currently hiring—and we'd like you to consider joining us. Please visit the Careers section of our web site to view current postings.
The successful candidate for this position will be primarily responsible for providing clean, fresh, progressive and professional graphic design, front-end web development to support Alberta Blue Cross’s evolving web communications initiatives. He or she will be a team player and self-starter with a portfolio demonstrating a strong ability to generate design solutions that meet and, ideally, exceed business and user needs. The ability to effectively prioritize work and implement solutions in a fast-paced environment within tight timelines is essential for success in this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze business requirements and quickly create storyboards, wireframes, high-fidelity prototypes, effective navigation layouts and standards-compliant user interfaces that meet brand, business, usability and accessibility goals.
- Update content on our public and intranet web sites.
- Create and send mass emails using Lyris ListManager.
- Work collaboratively with Corporate Communications staff to produce user-centered design solutions for a number of Alberta Blue Cross’s internal and external web sites.
- Provide creative input during planning sessions.
- Keep abreast of emerging trends, tools and technologies web development and if possible, video creation.
- Other duties as assigned, including occasionally assisting with the production of related printed and audio-visual communication materials.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in web design.
- Relevant hands-on experience supported by links to work samples that demonstrate expertise in web design.
- Knowledge of PHP essential. Knowledge of ASP and .NET would be beneficial.
- In-depth knowledge of software packages including Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Cute FTP and Sublime.
- Knowledge of web browsers, and the ability to design responsive web sites.
- Self-motivated learner with an ability and commitment to learn new technologies.
- Video production skills would be an asset.
- The ability to work simultaneously on a wide range of projects.
- Ability to analyze requirements and take direction and constructive criticism as necessary to meet business needs.
- Production orientation with a strong work ethic and detail orientation.
- Must be a team player and self starter.
- Must have a good command of the English language.
The Corporate Communications department is a dynamic team of communications professionals responsible for coordinating public and media relations, advertising, internal and external communications and is committed to communications best practices. As a member of this team, you will be required to work under tight deadlines and changing priorities, carrying several projects at once. Sometimes you may be required to work extended hours to meet deadlines.
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging team-oriented environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please submit your resume; a copy of your post-secondary degree or diploma; links to sites you have designed, and salary expectations to https://www.ab.bluecross.ca/careers/apply.php.