Build your career at the hospital that's building for the future
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. With the opening of our new facility, North America's first fully digital hospital, on October 18, 2015, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we're looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver compassionate, professional, respectful care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen's University.
Right now we're looking for a Part time Registered Nurse to work within an exciting, high-paced Emergency Department.
The successful applicant will perform the duties expected of a Registered Nurse within an acute care hospital Emergency Department.
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS certification or agreement to obtain within 3 months of commencement into position and maintained
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a variety of staff, patients and families from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Minimum 1 year acute care clinical experience is required
- Preference will be given to applicants who have recent Emergency or Critical Care experience
- Preference will be given to applicants who has obtained an Emergency certificate
- Excellent physical assessment skills
- Good patient/family teaching skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills, with an ability to set priorities and work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work effectively/collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent physical assessment skills and Coronary Care I & II certificates or the equivalent is preferred
- ACLS ,TNCC, PALS or ENPC, are preferred or applicant must agree to obtain within 6-12 months of commencement into position
- CC1 is perferred or applicants must agree to obtain within 12 months of commencement into position. Perference will be given to applicants who have recent CC1.
Hours of work: Must be available for 12 hour shifts and all rotating shifts
Employee Group: ONA
Interested applicants are required to submit an Application before the closing date. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.