This position focusses on the preparation of economic and financial plans, analysis and forecasts to facilitate financial business decisions related to Supply Chain activities.
- Develop extensive knowledge and understanding of the inner working of the Home Depot Supply Chain, its various departments, metrics, projects, initiatives and overall strategy.
- Build and cultivate relationships with respective business partners and Supply Chain support personnel.
- Develop consolidated volume plan and forecast working with merchandising and operational partners.
- Work internally with other SC finance teams to prepare consolidated spend plan and forecast
- Determine appropriate allocation strategies to ensure supply chain spend is charged to division appropriately.
- Analyze information and develop reports to drive the business and to improve the "bottom line".
- Provide value add support in the Month-End close process and P&L variance analysis.
- Prepare financial reports, analysis and forecasts for the use in the development of financial business decisions.
- Create new and supplemental reporting methods to aid management in proactive problem solving.
- Participate in budget preparations and analysis.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of the reporting systems.
- In coordination with other departments conduct special financial and statistical studies.
- Must fulfill minimum time-in-position (1 year) and performance management code requirements (M+).
- 2 to 4 years of Financial/Accounting experience
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Excellent computer skills in systems such as SAP, Khalix/Longview, OLAP, Business Warehouse, My Store Tools, Ariba e-buy, MS Office applications (specifically Excel and Access).
- Bilingual (English/French) an asset.
- Demonstrate expertise in business analysis and financial modeling.
- Self-starter, efficient, organized and able to produce high quality work under pressure and in a timely fashion.
- Strong analytical skills and attentive to details.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
- Strong work ethic and sense of responsibility and confidentiality.
- Flexible in attitude and approach to business solutions.