A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada's most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada's international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
As Canada's most international bank, Scotiabank operates as one team, locally and globally. Our dynamic International Banking division encompasses Scotiabank's retail and commercial banking operations in more than 40 countries outside Canada - an international presence unmatched by our competitors. Our branches, representative offices, subsidiaries and affiliates provide a full range of financial services to customers across the Caribbean and Central America, Mexico, Latin America and Asia.
PURPOSE:Provides strategic support for specific country and International Banking initiatives as part of the Integration and Organizational Effectiveness function within the Integration and Change Office (ICO) in International Banking; ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are supported in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:* Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
* Leads major, multi-disciplinary efficiency programs to reduce bank's structural cost by defining optimization proposals and execution strategies considering business priorities and risks, and technical and financial implications.
* Leads strategic reviews and deep dive analysis that generate optimization and structural cost savings solutions, including changes to operating models, organizational structures, and process re-engineering, automation/digitization.
* Identify redundant or duplicative work across business lines / countries and leveraging best practices across countries to address inefficiencies in processes, procedures, operational structures.
* Directs the implementation of projects by strategically influencing and motivating project teams to maintain the momentum of the project amidst the need to balance project and day-to-day work priorities.
* Leads the delivery/implementation of the planning and training methodology to assigned areas by directing the critical initial planning process and creation of building blocks and project plan, ensuring that links between Product, Business, Technology, Operations and HR are identified and fits into the overall business/operational goals of the project/integration.
* Directs day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with the Bank's risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits. Communicates the Bank's risk culture and risk appetite statement throughout their teams.
* Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Scotiabank Code of Conduct.
* Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vision/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.SKILLS:* Project management, Lean, Six Sigma, process re-engineering, robotics/automation and operational expertise
* 5+ years of experience in cost reduction/productivity improvement, experience in Banking or prior consulting experience preferred
* Experience in running P&L business is an asset
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal for interacting with offices with varying cross cultural and language differences* Fluency in Spanish is required
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:* MBA or Business degree
To apply for this position please CLICK HEREScotiabank is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.