NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs.
You have a unique opportunity to join our recruitment team as a Senior Talent Attraction Specialist. Reporting to the Director of Recruitment this role will be responsible for building and executing a strategy to support our recruitment teams.
In your job as the Senior Talent Attraction Specialist at The North West Company (NWC), you will develop a full-scope understanding of NWC’s banners to strategically target publics to attract and retain top talent that matches our profile of successful employees. Your strong understanding of recruitment tools, online and social media along with the markets they reach will help you determine creative and highly impactful initiatives for reaching a large portion of our target audience through a multi-channel approach. You will work closely with the Stores and Corporate recruitment teams to support needs for promoting and filling positions, creating brand awareness, and showcasing our employee value proposition.
- Partner with the Stores and Corporate Recruitment Managers to develop and launch marketing strategies to attract and retain top talent;
- Support the recruitment team in copywriting, research, design, and execution of advertisements;
- Build, own, execute and monitor performance of recruitment’s social media strategies which support the team in achieving their recruitment goals;
- Identify the best mediums and create the appropriate messaging to help the recruitment team build a deeper talent bench
- Effectively analyze and report on performance of all recruitment tools and support the recruitment team in maximizing the use of all available tools;
- Execute on current talent attraction plan with an eye towards expanding to a multi-year strategy with proactive execution of reviews on current vendors and contract recommendations while actively identifying tools to further support recruitment goals;
- Create campaigns for recruitment advertisements including recommending appropriate media for each campaign;
- Research markets to target strategic publics for recruitment efforts, including career fairs;
- Partner with schools and universities and participate in recruitment initiatives
- Represent the recruitment team as a point of contact for vendors of recruitment tools;
- Support design of recruitment materials presented to candidates, such as benefit sheets, testimonials, and community visuals pertaining to where our stores are located;
- Partner with Recruitment Managers to implement recruitment process improvements.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Strong knowledge of recruitment marketing & advertising built through 5+ years of industry experience with 2+ years developing talent attraction plans
- In-depth knowledge of external talent market and current recruiting techniques;
- Demonstrated experience designing creative/innovative plans to overcome unique challenges;
- Demonstrated experience engaging and influencing a broad range of stakeholders;
- Passion and strong understanding of marketing, including advertising, social media and online;
- Vendor management and negotiation experience;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and think creatively in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong editing skills and keen attention to detail;
- Experience in a retail or service multi-location organization preferred
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or related field or an equivalent combination of education/training and experience
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time
Location: 77 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.