Manager, Corporate Communications
The Communications Coordinator provides communications expertise, copywriting and editorial services in support of corporate communication and marketing initiatives. This position works within the Corporate Communications department to achieve brand consistency and ensure the highest standards of communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops content for announcements, newsletters, website, brochures, direct mail pieces, client presentations, speeches, posters, reports, fact sheets, media releases, message-on-hold scripts, advertisements, general correspondence and other specialized materials.
- Participates in the development, planning and implementation of corporate marketing and communications programs supporting organizational initiatives and strategies.
- Ensures that communication materials are delivered to the appropriate audiences in meaningful and relevant ways through print, web and speeches/presentations; prepares speeches for Manitoba Blue Cross employees as required.
- Exchanges ideas, information and opinions within the department and company to find innovative ways to reinforce brand recognition; develops best practices and introduces effective solutions to achieve print and web communications objectives.
- Researches, develops and writes content for publications and the corporate website by working in close consultation with other departments.
- Attends meetings, conducts one-on-one interviews, researches issues and respectfully asks probing questions to gather the information necessary to write effective, factual and informative material.
- Provides support (including writing press releases, backgrounders and information packages) to assist in media relations.
- Researches publicity opportunities in print and online media; develops articles and case studies to submit to these media outlets.
- Delivers copywriting support to a number of internal clients, ensuring that all communication pieces incorporate key messages and reflect the strategic intention and institutional brand. Edits material written by other staff and works with authors as required for grammar, style, relevance and readability.
- Supports communications and events management for meetings and other events; assists in the creation of presentation materials and other written correspondence.
- Participates in editorial planning of key publications and ensures that they are written, assembled and distributed in a timely fashion.
- Liaises with Corporate Resources to enhance corporate internal communications.
- Works with formal and informal teams to ensure marketing communications are delivered consistently within the agreed upon strategy.
- Ensures all materials, advertisements, etc. use the Manitoba Blue Cross logo in accordance with the trademark standards.
- Contributes to the development and/or maintenance of user documentation and training manuals.
- Assists with additional communication and marketing duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Dedicated to the principles of exceptional service; committed to responding to, anticipating and addressing customer needs, for both internal and external customers.
- University Degree or College Diploma preferably with a communications focus and/or Creative Communications diploma. Minimum three years’ corporate communications experience ideal. A relevant combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with exceptional report writing and presentation skills. Must be supported by a portfolio of work.
- Enhanced copy-editing and proof reading skills with outstanding attention to detail.
- Self-directed, with exceptional organizational skills and a proven record of managing and prioritizing multiple tasks within varied and dynamic timelines on an ongoing basis.
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic and adaptable, with a focus on “doing” versus “managing” in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, team-building and negotiation skills; open to peer review and constructive feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyze and assess; providing options and making recommendations.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and proficient Adobe Creative Cloud and computer skills.
- Experience with HTML, web-based advertising and communications tools.
- Knowledge of marketing and brand management principles an asset.
- Previous experience in public relations, marketing and life insurance and health benefits industry an asset.
Manitoba Blue Cross offers a competitive salary, and comprehensive benefits package. Qualified applicants should forward a resume and cover letter, indicating salary expectations, by Tuesday, April 18, 2017.