|Title||Registered Nurse (2022.75)|
|Department:||UA-Unit 5A7 Coronary ICU-EDM|
|Posting Open Date:||2017-04-19|
|Posting Close Date:||2017-04-28|
|Location:||Mazankowski Heart Institute - At|
|Employee Class:||Regular Part-Time|
|Temporary End Date:|
|Hours Per Shift:||11.63|
|Length of Shift Cycle:||12|
|Shift Per Cycle:||20|
|Shift:||Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends|
|Days Off:||As Per Rotation|
|Rates of Pay:||Minimum: 36.86 per hour Maximum: 48.37 per hour|
|Category:||Nursing - Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse|
|This is an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to work in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU) at the Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute. The Nurse, as a member of the multidisciplinary team, is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care. Decisions are made in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.|
|- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Basic Cardiac Life Support- Healthcare Provider (BCLS-HCP) is required.
- Graduation from a recognized nursing education program.
- Bachelors level degree in nursing is preferred.
- Three to five years recent Cardiac ICU experience is required.
- Applicant must have completed the OPACCA program or equivalent Critical Care Certification.
- Current certification in CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy) and IABP (Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump) are required.
- Applicant must demonstrate excellent assessment, documentation, clinical, organizational, and patient care skills.
- Applicant must have the ability to communicate findings in a concise and accurate manner as well as strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to identify own learning needs and seek guidance in professional practice where knowledge deficits occur.
- Must be able to demonstrate the application of all 5A7 advanced certifications, including Charge Nurse role.
- Applicant must successfully pass the CICU unit specific exam.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).