What is the opportunity?
The Production Applications Support team supports the system that processes over 3 billion credit card transactions a year for over 419,000 merchants. We support online and host systems working with both our internal and external partners.
The Senior Technical Analyst is responsible for providing technical support for Point of Sale applications working with both operations staff and business partners. (RBC and Moneris).
What will you do?
- Ensure Cards Applications are operating within service levels (SLA)
- Apply analytical and technical skills to proactively identify, track, manage and resolve applications issues. You will work closely with the operations team and the business analysts in providing solutions to production issues.
- Assess, research and analyze business and system needs, exploring alternative options to recommend technology solutions and design to meet sponsor needs.
- Facilitate small to large group meetings for technical design, decision making, problem solving and task implementation. Resolve conflict/issues and escalates as required.
- You will be required to carry the production support blackberry on a rotation basis with backup support. The team on consists of 14 members working closely together. (24/7 after hours support on rotation)
- Partner with both internal and external groups for problem resolution as well as implementation of support initiatives/defects.
- Adhere to standards with respect to process, documentation and personal conduct.
What do you need to succeed?
- At least 5 to 8 years in a support capacity with Point of Sale knowledge.
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing data within applications.
- Technical skills - Must have: Cobol, DB2, IMS, CICS, ZEKE and JCL.
- Strong analytical skill set.
- University degree or College diploma.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 88 Queens Quay West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 04/30/2017
Req ID: 135131
Posting Notes: None