What is the opportunity?
The Senior Security Architect works across multiple technical and business functions providing technical leadership for all security related issues in order to deliver secure systems for our staff and clients.
As a senior member of the team, you will drive the requirements of security components throughout their lifecycle: architecture/design, implementation, testing, deployment, and post-release support. You will exhibit strong leadership and communication skills, while successfully setting and executing on the engineering and release priorities in a dynamic application development environment.
What will you do?
- Envision, create, deploy, maintain critical security services and partner with other teams to improve the security of the RBC platform as well as strategic risk areas.
- Assess current Data Protection capabilities, explore the impact of new technologies and capabilities, and deploy, customize, and integrate with existing products to improve business operations, reduce security risks, and meet regulatory requirements.
- Assessment, implementation, management and documentation of a broad set of information security technologies and processes (e.g., application security, risk management, data protection & classification, encryption, certificate management, identity and access management, security governance, network security)
- Provide direction and guidance on architectural use cases and requirements for security related efforts
- Serve as trusted advisor to key business and technology partners
- Perform security design reviews to asses security implications for introduction of new or differing technologies within the environment
- Lead a complex distributed systems project
What do you need to succeed?
- 7-10+ years of increasing responsibility for positioning and delivering Cloud and Internet facing applications with a focus on security
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services and building Cloud Security strategies and architectures
- Experience working with cloud security management / governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASB), cloud services and 3rd party hosted services (AWS, Azure), and server virtualization products and technologies (BlueMix, Akana, VMWare)
- Experience of network security and network segmentation
- Knowledge of information security standards (e.g., ISO 17799/27002, etc.), rules and regulations related to information security and data protection, and Cloud Security Alliance best practices and guidelines
- Experience with application development security /Secure DevOps (Developing a secure SDLC/dev-ops process, agreeing approach with stakeholders and implementing it) including experience with API and MicroService Security
- BA or BS degree in CS or IT preferred, Computer Science, or Engineering preferred
- IT security (e.g., CISSP, GSEC) preferred
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 330 Front St W
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 05/07/2017
Req ID: 135193
Posting Notes: None