What is the opportunity?
As an integral member of RBC's Wealth Management Services, your role as a Financial Advisory Consultant is to work closely with a highly accredited group of tax professionals to provide specific tax, estate and financial planning information to advisors in a variety of sales forces within RBC. The right Consultant can contribute valuable perspectives, ideas, and options to help the advisors capitalize on opportunities and deliver value to High Net Worth (HNW) clients.
What will you do?
- To be a primary contact for RBC advisors for sound guidance on a broad range of technical tax, estate and financial planning ideas and strategies
- Effectively communicate expert knowledge around issues affecting HNW individuals and private business owners, such as: investing through a holding company, use of trust structures, sale of a business, charitable giving options, employee stock options, etc.
- Research and write technical publications and articles, with the ability to simplify and communicate complex strategies to non-technical advisors and their HNW clients
- Lead presentations on specific topics to advisors on a periodic basis
- Keep current with pertinent legislative changes
- Actively participate in strategic projects with internal business partners across the organization
What do you need to succeed?
- University degree supported by a professional designation (CPA, or LL.B.)
- 7 years of related experience in one or more of the following areas: taxation, trust planning, estate planning, business owner planning including succession planning,
- The ability to work as part of an established, technically strong and closely knit team or work independently as needed
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service, accuracy and professionalism in the performance of duties
- The ability to prioritize and organize multiple assignments to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Financial planning designation: CFP, RFP, or IQPF is an asset
- CICA In Depth tax course or equivalent a strong asset
- US Planning knowledge
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 155 Wellington St.W
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 05/07/2017
Req ID: 135090
Posting Notes: None